After School Program Facilitator
Job title: After School Program Facilitator
Reports to: Fab Youth Philly Youth Program Manager
Hourly rate: $17-$20
Position type: Part-time
This position requires availability from 11am-3pm on Wednesdays and from 3-6pm EITHER, Monday,
Tuesday OR Thursday and will be in-person at the McPherson Square Library Branch. Two hours per
week of planning time can be done anytime/anywhere for a total of 10 hours per week.
Salary is $17-$20 hr
About us: Fab Youth Philly supports youth-serving organizations through a variety of consulting services,
connects youth development professionals to training and networking and innovates original
programming for children & teens.
Everyone at Fab Youth Philly regardless of position is expected to
- uphold Fab Youth Philly core values; and
- promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment; and
- Fab Youth Philly is a learning organization and employees should be willing to learn through
self-reflection and, at times, coaching.
Facilitators will be employees of Fab Youth Philly and will report to a site supervisor at the Free Library.
All employees will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 within 45 days
of their start date.
Maker Jawn Facilitators provide interest-driven programming, hands-on technology support, homework
help, and mentoring for those who attend the Free Library of Philadelphia’s LEAP/Maker out-school-time
program at McPherson Square Library, located in Kensington (19134). Fab Youth Philly is seeking to hire
a skilled, passionate youth development professional, maker, facilitator, or educator. Facilitators should
have experience working in fast-paced afterschool/Out-of-School Time (OST) programming and should
have experience and a passion for working with middle schoolers.
Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
Facilitation and Lesson/Activity planning (75%)
- Create a club for middle schoolers that are developmentally/age appropriate that is structured,
and also flexible/responsive to youth’s interests and builds from your skills, experience and
- Plan, organize, and facilitate out-of-school time program activities that are developmentally/age
appropriate for middle school aged youth.
- Provide interest-driven technology assistance to children and teens, and be flexible to
accommodate changes in interests.
- Support the completion of homework assignments
Co-facilitation (15 %)
- On Tuesdays support the LEAP Youth Advocate and their planned activities
- Mentor and coach teen staff
Administrative & Organizational (5%)
- Uphold COVID-19 safety protocol
- Submit lesson plans on a bi-weekly basis
Other (TBD) (5%)
- Supporting youth leaders, Play Captains and teen helpers
- ? Exceptional facilitation skills.
- ? Strong classroom engagement skills.
- ? Ability to effectively engage middle-school aged youth.
- ? Experience with interest-driven, on-the-fly programming.
- ? Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- ? Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- ? Trustworthy and able to work and complete tasks without daily supervision.
- ? Possess the ability to multitask and meet programming opportunities with flexibility.
All After School Program Facilitators must meet the following qualifications:
- ? Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and facilitate out-of-school time program activities, with
- preference given to those who have experience with interest-driven, on-the-fly programming.
- ? Be available to work designated program hours.
- ? Show aptitude for using technology, library resources, and predilection for Maker programming
- such as woodworking, soldering, sewing, circuitry, engineering, construction, and other hands-on
- ? Submit proof of required background clearances that are dated within 5 years prior to hire date.
- ? Have a willingness to collaborate with Library Staff, Teen Leadership Assistants (TLAs) and Fab
- Youth Philly staff.
- ? Willing to be trained in, and use Fab Youth Philly’s ‘real-time coaching’ and positive youth
- development strategies.
- ? Able to remain calm and patient to navigate conflict and bring forth resolutions.
- ? Able to lift up to 65lbs daily.
- ? Able to bend, squat, run, twist as part of playing or co-facilitating various games or activities
- ? Access to reliable phone/internet service to respond to emails within 24 hours and to send/receive
- text messages
- ? Willing and able to get around Philadelphia independently; has a reliable mode of transportation
From: Midatlantic Employers' AssociationBenefits:
How to apply:
1. Email resume and a cover letter, explaining why you are qualified for and interested in this position to:
2. Please confirm in your cover letter that you understand this opportunity is part-time, temporary, and
that you are available to work from 2-6pm on Tuesdays and 11am-3pm on Wednesday at the
McPherson Square Branch of the Free Library.
Fab Youth Philly is an organization that is working to apply a trauma informed lens to all the work we do and working to
dismantle and avoid perpetrating white-supremacist culture. We are welcoming to people who are formerly incarcerated.
Fab Youth Philly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fab
Youth Philly complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Fab Youth Philly
expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability Fab Youth Philly’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.