Rock to the Future seeks music and creative instructors

Jessica Craft

Sep 24, 2021, 11:49:23 AM9/24/21
to phillyjob...@googlegroups.com

Rock to the Future provides student-driven music programs in a safe and supportive environment at no cost for Philadelphia youth. Through music, our students build life skills to unlock their fullest potential to support current and lifelong well-being.

We are seeking dynamic team members to teach guitar, bass, drums, vocals, music production, band practices, stage performance, stage technical skills, Podcasts, graphic design, and/or songwriting, etc. You DO NOT need to know how to do all of these things -- we welcome your ideas and creative experience! If you have music skills and youth development experience, we want to meet you!

Schedule: Primarily in-person during Monday and Wednesday 2pm - 6:15pm at Kensington High School (North Philadelphia) and Tuesday and Thursday 1:30pm - 6:15pm at Roosevelt Elementary School (Northwest Philadelphia) plus additional remote time weekly for lesson creation (you do not necessarily to be available for this entire time -- if you feel your skills meet our needs please apply and we can discuss a schedule); Additional instruction time may be available during the day, evening, and weekends at additional community and school locations

Compensation: W2 position starting at $25/hr with paid time off, paid holidays, and has the potential to become a full time position.

No calls! ONLY candidates residing in Philadelphia County will be considered for this position. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We seek to fill positions as soon as possible and over the coming months. Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of their application. Multiple positions may be filled.

To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Jo...@RocktotheFuture.org.

Essential Job Functions:

  • Ensure the use of positive behavior guidance, equity, and inclusion
  • Plan, develop, and execute high-quality music and creative workshops for up to 12 students in grades 6 - 12
  • Create lesson plans and syllabus to meet program goals
  • Work with the Site team to provide an incredible experience for participants and achieve program goals
  • Ensure all students, volunteers, and guests are adhering to the Rules of Rock and Rock to the Future’s philosophies
  • Set up and clean up workshop space / computer lab
  • Communicate successes and concerns to the Site Director
  • Meet with the Site Director as requested
  • Mandatory attendance of staff trainings and student performances
  • Additional site support and administrative tasks as requested from the Site Director

Education and Experience Required:

  • High school diploma or equivalent
  • Minimum 2-years experience teaching group youth workshops

Skills Required:

  • COVID-19 vaccine required
  • Experience with strengths based youth development strategies including restorative practices and trauma informed approaches
  • Strong musical and technology abilities (ex. proficiency in guitar, bass, drums, piano, vocals, knowledge of music production software such as Soundtrap, Garageband, and Ableton and other creative softwares like Canva -- you do not need to know how to do all of these things, but candidates with multiple proficiencies are preferred)
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Must be motivated, energetic, punctual, responsible, exhibit a positive attitude, and be an excellent role model
  • Passion for Rock to the Future's mission and social justice
  • Dedication to the pursuit of continuous learning

--

Jessica Craft

CEO + Founder

she/her

Rock to the Future

215 302 9633 x700
Jes...@RocktotheFuture.org
RocktotheFuture.org
1201 N 3rd St #283, Philadelphia, PA 19122
facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram