Jobs: Seasonal Educator and Ops/Finance Consultant

Kim Fleisher

May 2, 2022, 12:26:35 PM5/2/22
to Philly Jobs for Change
Food Moxie (also known as Weavers Way Community Programs), is the non-profit offshoot of Weavers Way. It was created in 2007 as a means to expand its positive impact on food systems in the community. We believe that access to healthy, affordable and culturally relevant food is a human right, not a privilege. From seed to supper, we support people to grow, prepare, cook, and eat healthy food.

We work with partners around NW Philadelphia to navigate entrenched barriers to both growing space and food access through our educational programs. We help young people and families learn about and engage with gardening, farming, culinary arts and seasonal eating. We underscore the value of local small-scale agriculture and gardening in urban spaces.

Food Moxie is hiring immediately for the following two positions:

1. Operations and Finance Consultant
2. Growing Space Educator
---
Operations and Finance Consultant- Temporary
Are you a systems thinker with experience in non-profit ops and finance? Do you like to operationalize things and solve organizational puzzles? Do you like checklists, record keeping and reconciled books? Does working a good system make your nervous system relax and squeal with delight? Are you a Capricorn (Just kidding. Or am I kidding?).

Would you like a short-term contract helping a small, mission driven organization to stabilize and set up it’s next generation of leaders for sustainability, ease, grace and success?

We are an organization in transition looking to reestablish and refine existing systems for operations and finance. The office team includes a new Executive Director, existing Program Director, programming staff and a contracted Development Officer.

We are looking for a contracted Operations and Finance consultant to help us set up and manage sustainable systems that can be transitioned to a permanent team member within 4 months. There is possibility to explore the move from consultant to permanent, salaried employee.

20-25 hours/week  (very occasional evenings and weekends)
$25/hour
3-4 month contract
------------
Growing Space Educator
We are looking for someone with experience gardening or farming and supporting students to engage in hands-on project based experiential learning to work 10-20 hours/week assisting our Program Director delivering lessons in growing and cooking at Food Moxie’s growing & educational spaces at Stenton Family Manor and Martin Luther King High School.

  • Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30-5:30pm, plus a weekly staff meeting (time TBD), and optional additional opportunity for more hours on Wednesday mornings
  • April – Mid June, with the possibility of extension through the summer or a step up into a lead educator position
  • $20/hour
  • Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you have an exception in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
  • Note: Before beginning work, all potential Food Moxie employees must undergo a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, a Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check. You will also be required to complete the free online course mandated by Pennsylvania on Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse.
  • MORE INFO AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS HERE
--
Kimberly ('Kim') Fleisher (pronouns: she/her) |  Executive Director