Resource Organizer at Juntos - Deadline to apply: 3/24

Erika Guadalupe Nuñez

Mar 20, 2023, 3:44:01 PM3/20/23
to phillyjob...@googlegroups.com
Greetings! Juntos is hiring for a Resource Organizer. Below are relevant details for the position. Please submit all relevant applications to car...@vamosjuntos.org.

The listing is also available online, here is the link: https://ideali.st/faaIKr

About Juntos
Juntos is a community-led, Latinx immigrant organization in South Philadelphia fighting for our human rights as workers, parents, youth, and immigrants. We believe that every human being has the right to a quality education and the freedom to live with dignity, regardless of immigration status.

Juntos combines leadership development, community organizing, and focused collaborations with other community-based and advocacy organizations to build the power of our community members, so they may be active agents of change and work against their own oppression.

Resource Organizer | Position Description

The Juntos Resource Organizer will manage key mutual aid initiatives and one on one case support to ensure the well-being and self-organization of our community. Through their work, the Resource Organizer will identify key areas of need to devise community-led advocacy efforts, while also centering relationship building and base building as a key goal for our aid initiatives.

The key responsibilities for this position are as follows: design and oversight of Juntos’ mutual aid initiatives as a strategy of resistance and movement building, a relationship-centered and trauma-informed approach to the management of all case work, and forming strong relationships with community members. The Resource Organizer is also provided with a full-time Resource Assistant who supports with all casework and mutual aid initiatives and is jointly supervised by the Executive Director.

A qualified applicant will have a willingness to build and maintain relationships with community members and partners, interest in supporting Juntos’ campaigns and movement work, and desire to serve as primary support liaison for our immigrant community. Due to the pivotal role this position plays within our organization, the Resource Organizer can begin onboarding as soon as April 12th, 2023.

Primary Responsibilities

  • Serve as lead of Juntos’ case work; which includes management of case intake, assessment-based referrals to vetted partners, follow-up for inquiries (walk-in or virtual), and special accompaniment when needed

  • Management of Juntos’ mutual aid initiatives, which include a bi-monthly food bank, our community diaper bank, and specialized cash assistance efforts

  • Willingness and ability to build and maintain relationships with community members, youth leaders, and coalition members and engage advocacy and campaign efforts

  • Experience and/or willingness to plan, develop, and execute virtual webinars and/or info sessions highlighting resources, issues of access, and Q&A with service providers or other partners as needed

  • Build and maintain connections with relevant city and national organizations and coordinate partnership efforts that connect community members to resources

  • Management of an encrypted database of case information, records of membership engagement, and secure communications with our base

  • Ability to track and analyze issues of access and advocacy revealed via casework as a way to inform campaign direction and organizational response

Secondary responsibilities

  • Maintain Juntos’ resource guide with updated information, including specific resources for individuals who identify as Latinx, immigrant and/or low-income

  • Oversee share-out of resources to community through social media platforms and other key communication services in collaboration with the Resource Assistant

  • Represent Juntos at coalition tables as assigned

  • Utilize and expand upon existing Juntos curriculum and Know Your Rights resources

Position Requirements

  • 3-5 years managing casework and supporting Spanish-speaking individuals' access to resources

  • Strong knowledge of resources and supports available in the Philadelphia area to the Latinx immigrant community

  • Familiarity with and/or experience with mutual aid frameworks and local initiatives

  • Experience with one-on-one meeting facilitation and outreach skills in Spanish and English

  • Experience working with communities from diverse ethnic and class backgrounds in a trauma-informed manner

  • Understanding of the issues impacting immigrants at the local, state, and national level and how structural or legal barriers can affect immigrant access to healthcare, education, and/or other critical resources

Benefits

Full-time, excellent healthcare benefits, and PTO. Partial cell phone reimbursement provided on a monthly basis. $55,000 yearly salary.

Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish and English, reading and writing with translation/interpreting ability

Location
Physical office located 600 Washington Ave, 2nd Fl, Unit 18UA, Philadelphia, PA 19147.

How to Apply
Submit a detailed cover letter outlining relevant community aid work and fluency with trauma-informed case work as well as an updated resume in an email to car...@vamosjuntos.org with “ Resource Organizer” as the email subject. Applications close on March 24th, 2023 at 5pm EST. No phone calls.

--

En comunidad,

Erika Guadalupe

ERIKA GUADALUPE NÚÑEZ
Executive Director, she/her/ella

lup...@vamosjuntos.org

"cuando los de abajo se mueven los de arriba se caen"

Juntos

600 Washington Avenue Unit #18UA
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Cell: ‪(224) 944-6905