Save the Date 8/18! Data Jam with In Her Own Right & Louisiana Digital Library

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen

Jul 24, 2020, 1:54:12 PM7/24/20
to PhillyDigit...@googlegroups.com
[Apologies for cross-posting]

On August 18th, celebrate the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment by promoting access to the history of activism. Join the project team of In Her Own Right, a PACSCL-sponsored project, in a first-ever multi-regional partnership with the Louisiana Digital Library. Together we’ll build subject guide visualizations that reveal new ways to interact with digitized historical materials related to women’s activism, as well as activism in Louisiana.

This virtual data jam is an opportunity to contribute to visualizations through data entry, explore the historical themes of the In Her Own Right project, learn about the InfoVis toolkit, and get your feet wet with an RGraph data visualization. Save the date, with more information and registration link coming soon.

--
Kathryn Antonelli (she/her)
Project Manager for In Her Own Right - a PACSCL project

--
Celia Caust-Ellenbogen (she/her/hers)
Please be aware that Swarthmore College is currently closed to visitors and all but essential staff due to coronavirus precautions. I am working from home and email is the best way to reach me.