Philadelphia School Board

Jay Cohen

Dec 27, 2020, 7:33:53 PM12/27/20
to philly-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parents.

I've been a little distracted by my own business lately and didn't notice that Cecelia Thompson, one of our very active long-time parents, was on the short list for Philadelphia School Board. If you get a chance, please take a moment and let the Mayor know that she is an incredible asset to the city and she would make an ideal School Board member.  Here is the link that I've got. If someone has something better, please let me know.

Thank you.

-jay

Jay Cohen
Founder and Executive Director, www.xSoTec.com, LLC
Founder and Executive Director, PhillyParents, LLC
Google Apps Scripting, Development and Training
j...@weisscohen.org (215-768-9957)

Jay Cohen

Jan 2, 2021, 5:51:34 PM1/2/21
to philly-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parents.  Great news!

Looks like Cecelia Thompson has been nominated by the Mayor for the School Board!  Congratulations Cecelia!

-jay

Jay Cohen
Founder and Executive Director, www.xSoTec.com, LLC
Founder and Executive Director, PhillyParents, LLC
Google Apps Scripting, Development and Training
j...@weisscohen.org (215-768-9957)

Jay Cohen

Jan 4, 2021, 8:58:42 AM1/4/21
to philly-...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning Jay,

Thank you so much for the kind words of support.  It is a humbling experience to be chosen by Mayor Kenny to be put before the City Council for confirmation to serve on the Board of Education for the School District of Philadelphia.  It is now up to the City Council to confirm.  To my knowledge, they are not back in session until the end of January 2021, and it is unknown if the confirmation is on their agenda.

Again, it is a humbling experience for Mayor Kenny to have his utmost confidence to present my name to City Council.

Respectfully,

Cecelia Thompson

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the the PhillyParents email list. This email list is run by Jay Cohen who is interested in getting information out to parents who have children in the public schools of Philadelphia. It is completely independent of the School District of Philadelphia.

Please invite other parents you know. People can subscribe to this email list by sending an email to philly-paren...@googlegroups.com. No subject or message is necessary. If an automated email comes back, just click reply (don't click join) and you will be subscribed to the group. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to philly-parent...@googlegroups.com. For more options and to see the complete history of emails, visit this email list at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/philly-parents?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Philly Parents" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/philly-parents/CAMmMzb9cfvKYW_%3D9%3DM8WeFPUCEL%3DYBXy5x03_v_fOsuBGpPxxw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Cecelia Thompson