SDP announced today the closure of all schools for a two-week period

Jay Cohen

Mar 13, 2020, 3:17:31 PM3/13/20
to philly-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Parents.

See Attached.  For you convenience, I copied the body of the email below.

Jay Cohen
Founder and Executive Director, www.xSoTec.com, LLC
The Google Sheets Experts.  Challenge us with a question!  With products such as adminConsole, copyScripts, edSpread and more...

Dear School District of Philadelphia Families,

The School District of Philadelphia announced today the closure of all schools for a two-week period, beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, March 27, 2020.

Though the the School District of Philadelphia still does NOT have any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in schools or offices, this closure has become necessary as neighboring counties where many SDP employees reside are asked to self-quarantine. This is creating a significant staffing challenge for our schools. No students will report to school during this two-week period. During this time, every District school will be deep cleaned before the return of students and staff. Further communication will be sent to families throughout this period to keep them updated regarding next steps.

While the implications and details of a two-week closure are still being worked out, students have been encouraged to take home with them any supplies, personal belongings, medications, and other materials they will need during the closure.

We realize the hardship that a districtwide closure of our public schools may cause our families. The School District is working closely with the Office of Emergency Management and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health to develop an action plan to, as much as possible, maintain the critical support services our schools provide to students and families. Please visit www.philasd.org for an updated list of services provided throughout the city, including meals and recreational opportunities.

For the latest information on this evolving situation, please visit www.philasd.org/coronavirus. We will continue to keep you informed as plans progress. Thank you for your flexibility during this difficult time. Please stay safe.

Sincerely,

William R. Hite Jr., Ed.D. Superintendent The School District of Philadelphia

LTR Coronavirus Schools Closed 031320 (1).pdf