Bicycle Film Festival #2 - Virtual - Feb 11th & 12th!

CJ Arayata

Feb 7, 2022, 8:12:05 PM2/7/22
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Hi all,

BFF reached out to ask if we would 'sponsor' the event by promoting it to our community in exchange for putting our logo in the intro section for all of the films. I said "sure", and here we are. See more information, including how to purchase tickets, below.

Special shoutout to George Retseck for the hand-drawn hub logo we all know and love, and for Gary Wilpizeski for the new layout.

Tickets are sliding scale, $10-15-20, and you can view at your leisure. I am convinced, I'm buying a ticket!

Best,
CJ

Bicycle Film Festival is arriving back in Philadelphia!

BFF Philadelphia #2 is happening virtually, February 11 – 22.

Hosted by Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia.
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia.

BFF  Philadelphia  #2 presents an international selection of the most important short films from the BFF collection. A diverse curation of filmmaking styles: narratives, documentaries, international award-winning filmmakers, and emerging directors all share equal billing.

See an authentic and raw glimpse into:

·          A relationship in 3 minutes
·          A woman rides home alone
·          A rural migrant worker in China uses the bicycle to buy and collect styrofoam boxes (score by Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
·          The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
·          Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) first-person tour of New York City at night
·          A portrait of Bike Rides For Black Lives
·          Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
·          Former pro BMX rider Andrew Jackson rediscovers his love for cycling in Los Angeles
·          Women in rural Malawi use a bicycle to help them return to school and build a better future for themselves and their daughters
·          A day in the life of a veteran turned weed delivery bike messenger during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City
·          A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
·          and many more...

Get Tickets: https://btt.boldtypetickets.com/events/118359966/bicycle-film-festival-philadelphia-2

How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Philadelphia #2 work?
A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday, February 11 at 6:00 PM ET through to Sunday, February 22 at 11:59 PM ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.

About BFF:
BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL has been celebrating bicycles through art, film, and music the last 20 years. Founded in 2001, Brendt Barbur was compelled to start the BFF after being hit by a bus while riding his bike in New York. The physical BFF spanned the world in over 90 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world. The Subcultures of cycling have shared equal billing with the most exciting innovators in music, art, design, and film.

Participants have included:
Erykah Badu, Karl Lagerfeld, Francesco Clemente, Shepard Fairey, Albert Maysles, Michel Gondry, Spike Jonze, Alex Katz, Kaws, Mike Mills, Paul Smith, the Neistat Brothers, Tom Sachs, Ridley Scott, Kiki Smith, Swoon, and Ai Weiwei. This festival is a celebration of way a life––not just entertainment

_________________________________

Website: www.bicyclefilmfestival.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bicyclefilmfestival/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BicycleFilmFestival
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bffworld
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bicyclefilmfestival

philadelphia_dynamo_logo.png
BFF2022 Philadelphia #2 - Digital Poster.png

CJ Arayata

Feb 14, 2022, 8:58:39 PM2/14/22
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Hi all,

I have a free ticket for anyone to attend and watch this virtual event at their leisure. Please reply to me privately. I will post when it has been claimed.

Best,
CJ

CJ Arayata

Feb 15, 2022, 10:20:14 AM2/15/22
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Hi all, ticket has been claimed.

-CJ