Swift/Philly Dyno Society campout June 22-23

xshawnx

May 20, 2019, 10:06:11 AM5/20/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Hello All,

Just getting the ball rolling for an "offical" campout thread.

This is the route I have https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20842776). We can freak what we feel and change if need be. There is the option to get to the camp from the Doylestown SEPTA station as well for those we want to ride a shorter route.

After this past weekend's pizza oven temperatures, I think we can all agree that having a river to soak in will be a treat come late June.

About the camp site:  http://www.buckscounty.org/government/ParksandRecreation/Parks/Tinicum

-there is running water for drinking

-full on restrooms

-a giant frisbee golf course that doubles as a great start gazing field

-lots of trees and shade at the campsites

-tent or hammocks work well here

-boat ramp that is the river access. soak or swim.

-Frenchtown is 1.5 miles down the road. a grocery store, lots of food options, a coffee shop, and a bike shop.

Greg Biché

May 21, 2019, 4:12:38 PM5/21/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
damn that sounds great! i would of course be into that EXCEPT! i already made plans for that weekend. i'm going down to cape may with ma cousins. i will of course be riding my bike down there so if there winds up being any camping trip that weekend that heads into NJ, maybe i can tag along for as long as the routes overlap. otherwise i'm out, unfortunately.

-greg

Scott B. Ritner

May 21, 2019, 4:17:55 PM5/21/19
to Greg Biché, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
It seems like I have conflicts with all of the fun outings... that saturday is our baby shower.

Have fun! and if people are trying to go bike camping in early June...

Scott B. Ritner

"Try to pose for yourself this task: not to think of a polar bear, and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute." - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1863

Arrick Underhill

May 24, 2019, 8:52:04 AM5/24/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Im up for this, when do you wanna book the campsite?

/Arrick

Ryan Stanis

May 25, 2019, 12:31:13 AM5/25/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
V pumped to chill at this campsite again!  Once it's all confirmed we should blast it on the philly dyno society IG!

xshawnx

May 25, 2019, 8:02:55 AM5/25/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
I believe Woody is booking the group site. I'm assuming a "pay X amount day of for the shared site" will work? If you prefer to book your own site, please do through the site I linked at the top of the info thread.

I'll just throw out a leave from Lloyd Hall at 9am Saturday the 22nd. Not too early, but still gives us a lot of time to get down to the camp.

-Shawn

Ryan Stanis

May 25, 2019, 11:51:08 AM5/25/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
adding jake to the list. test email! receiving??

Greg Biché

May 27, 2019, 3:57:54 PM5/27/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
hey! ok! so, i think i'm gonna try and do this trip even though i got beach plans. i took monday and tuesday off, so my plan is to ride and camp with youse Saturday and Sunday, then get to cape may on monday morning.

When do we estimate getting back to philly on sunday? afternoon? evening?

Ryan Stanis

May 29, 2019, 11:20:12 AM5/29/19
to Greg Biché, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
I think last time we did it we went into frenchtown for breakfast and then had a late morning return trip, but that was also with just three of us. I’d expect early evening, but we can also leave in waves if the group is taking too relaxed of a pace!

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Greg Biché <gbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
hey! ok! so, i think i'm gonna try and do this trip even though i got beach plans. i took monday and tuesday off, so my plan is to ride and camp with youse Saturday and Sunday, then get to cape may on monday morning.

When do we estimate getting back to philly on sunday? afternoon? evening?

CJ Arayata

Jun 12, 2019, 3:45:41 PM6/12/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Just to bump the thread and fuel the stoke, got the campsite booked and finalized. Group Site 3.

http://www.buckscounty.org/docs/default-source/parks-and-recreation-documents/maptinicum.pdf?sfvrsn=0

arayata camping
1 resource(s)1 booking(s)Subtotal: $40.00
TIN Group camp 3 (Camping)
Center: Tinicum Park
START TIME
END DATE
END TIME
ATTENDEE
AMT W/O TAX
Jun 22, 2019
3:00 PM
Jun 23, 2019
2:00 PM
10
$40.00
Flat Fee
$4.00 / Each
x10
$40.00

xshawnx

Jun 17, 2019, 1:23:09 PM6/17/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
As I am deciding on what set-up to use this weekend, I came across a tent I forgot I had. I believe it is the REI Passage 1 person tent. If anyone is in need of borrowing it for this trip. It packs pretty small(currently in a stuff sack, think the size of a basketball, with poles in a separate bag that can be strapped to saddle/pannier bags or bicycle frame) and weighs around 3lbs.

I also have an extra thermarest. Not sure which one, but it packs small(will fit in a rando front bag with other stuff) and blows up to about an inch thick and is a torso-ish length.

I've also got a Dill Pickle saddle bag(carradice style) that I will not be using. I've run it lightly packed with no support, just a Brooks and rear fender.

[...]

-boat ramp that is the river access. s-Frenchtown is 1.5 miles down the road. a grocery store, lots of food options, a coffee shop, and a bike shop.

oak or swim.

Message has been deleted

Ryan Stanis

Jun 18, 2019, 8:47:06 AM6/18/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
If anyone else has holes in their set up, I might also have some extra gear. Definitely have some extra sleeping bags, hammock and rainfly (or two person tent depending on if Felix comes or not). I was also thinking of bringing an extra tarp in case it does rain to have some extra rain coverage for gear/people/bikes.

-R

xshawnx

Jun 21, 2019, 2:10:07 PM6/21/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society

Elisabeth/Ello Shertzer

Jun 21, 2019, 4:11:47 PM6/21/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Does anyone have a saddle bag I could borrow?
-ello

Barankay, Iwan

Jun 21, 2019, 4:38:25 PM6/21/19
to Elisabeth/Ello Shertzer, Shawn Bowles, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
You mean a bag attached straight to the saddle. I do. I have a large Ortlieb Saddle Pack you can borrow.

xshawnx

Jun 21, 2019, 4:42:12 PM6/21/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
-ello

Elisabeth/Ello Shertzer

Jun 21, 2019, 4:54:29 PM6/21/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Ok cool. I have about 8.5 inches between saddle rails and fender. Do you think the dill pickle would fit? I was hoping to put my hammock/bug net back there.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/philly-dyno/c94aba54-bec1-43a6-ad94-4f45b3087262%40googlegroups.com.

Arrick Underhill

Jun 22, 2019, 9:04:19 AM6/22/19
to xshawnx, Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
did i miss yall? 9:00 @ lloyd hall?

CJ Arayata

Jun 24, 2019, 2:36:15 PM6/24/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
To all that came: Thanks!

To all that didn't: Hope to catch you next time.

Here are some pics from the weekend. https://photos.app.goo.gl/StPYShfciMxqnUfS9.
Plus a v. cool video post on the 'gram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGUKkPDfRn/

Not pictured: Tom Petty blaring in the distance between 3-4AM, and a park ranger trying to write us up for "alcohol" after showing me Shawn's kombucha tea in the trash can as evidence of our misdeeds.

Next up: We'll plan a Diner Dash soon, would a Doodle be a good idea to schedule a date, y/n/hot dog? Cape May Dyno will probably have to wait until after Paris-Brest-Paris in August, so perhaps the usual time of September.

-CJ

xshawnx

Jun 24, 2019, 2:54:50 PM6/24/19
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
This was very fun! Im glad to see things like this happening in philly!

More legal and illegal camping to come.

Kombucha corrupter,
Shawn
Message has been deleted