hello all - two upcoming "events" - Fri 6/3 and Sat 6/4

CJ Arayata

Jun 3, 2021, 10:14:04 PM6/3/21
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
It's been awhile.

I had forgotten about this listserv, but wanted to make sure to utilize it for those who are not on Instagram, etc.

There's two things coming up that I wanted to blast out to everyone.

Friday PM: Dyno ice cream ride. Meet at trellis, 8PM. Probably a straight shot down a freshly-milled and bumpy MLK (or the smooth-but-narrow bike trail alongside) to Manayunk for treats at Chloe's corner. Forecast looks clear, but the roads might be wet if there's daytime rain.

Saturday AM: The Pennsylvania Randonneurs 600k is coming through town. Some of you reading this may even be riding it. Anyways, I am staffing the Rocky statue controle from around 8AM to 11AM. It would be nice to have a Philly Dyno cheering section at the controle to be friendly faces and offer encouragement to riders. I figure people can bring their coffee outside gear and maybe some treats if they feel so inclined, and we can basically just have a casual hang for a few hours while I sign people's brevet cards as they are passing through.

Saturday PM: I'm also staffing a second "secret" controle location from about 1PM to 4PM, but am currently going solo. If someone wants to tag along for the drive (i'll be traveling by car) and sit outside with me (in the shade, of course) while I sign brevet cards and offer water and snacks to riders, would be more than welcome to come along. Reply privately if you wanna hang.

Finally, Swift Campout is coming up in a few weeks. I probably won't be going, but I'll start a new thread so that people who are interested can discuss.

Best,
CJ

CJ Arayata

Jun 3, 2021, 10:15:02 PM6/3/21
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
Wow I butchered the dates. Sorry everyone.

Friday, June 4th is the ice cream ride. Saturday, June 5th is the PA 600k.

Gregory Biché

Jun 3, 2021, 10:51:03 PM6/3/21
to Philadelphia Dynamo Headlight Society
i'll try to make it tomorrow nite if i can