citing in the paper

kfogarty

Oct 8, 2009, 12:11:07 AM10/8/09
to PHIL 13 Fall 2009
How exactly do we cite the quotes from Euthyphro and from the lecture
notes correctly?

David

Oct 10, 2009, 1:42:45 PM10/10/09
to PHIL 13 Fall 2009
For the Euthyphro, you might have a footnote at the first cite that
gives the full publications details for the version of the dialogue
you are reading and says future references to the text will be
parenthetical. So, later, in the body of the text you would just cite
as in (10a). References to the lecture notes should presumably
include at least the author (me), the course, the handout # and title,
and the page. You could also include the URL if you want to do it
fully.

DB