Best Flex/Flash Builder Books?

Bryan L

Jun 9, 2011, 4:25:45 PM6/9/11
to phf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Hoping you can offer suggestions for the Flex/Flash Builder books you love and continue to refer to.  I have decent exposure to AS3 and Flex since v2, but I do still get stuck with what I consider to be basic stuff - but my project/application goals are ambitious.

I am looking for a book(s) that can help me across the divide.

I was looking at the Flex 4 Training from the Source - it is well reviewed but I've never used one from that series before...any thoughts?

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Bryan

Oleg Konovalov

Jun 9, 2011, 10:53:04 PM6/9/11
to phf...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

The book you referred to is very good as hands-on tutorial (DIY).
It supposed to have 2 volumes, but I have never seen second one.
There is 4.5 version of it coming out in June.

If you want to get a solid Flex+Java skills (on designer/architect level),
I would highly recommend:
It is not really about FlashBuilder, but more on languages and enterprise development.

Thank you,
Oleg.

Jun 10, 2011, 11:44:35 AM6/10/11
to phf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Oleg, I have seen that title before and was considering it already.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Bryan

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:53:04 -0700
From: ole...@yahoo.com