Specs on what this should take to run?

Joseph Chase

Jul 22, 2022, 1:53:57 PM7/22/22
to PheWeb-UMich
Hello, I am thinking of implementing this on a server and am wondering if there is a location for requirements needed to run this effectively (will have around 10TB of phewas data).

-Joe

Peter VandeHaar

Jul 28, 2022, 12:38:44 PM7/28/22
to Joseph Chase, PheWeb-UMich
How many variants?  How many phenotypes?

I recommend loading on a big machine (50+ cores) or a cluster for that dataset size.  The only step that uses much RAM is the qq plots, so make sure that each thread has num_variants*16 bytes of RAM during that step (by setting num_procs).

To start, you can try with just the first 100k variants, to get an estimate of how long it’ll take.

Serving a pheweb is fine on 1 core + 1GB RAM, but 8 cores will serve faster.