1st Bridge Video! We're Leaving NEXT WEEK! Come party tomorrow!

1 view

Phat Man Dee

Jun 24, 2015, 5:05:51 PM6/24/15
to phatm...@googlegroups.com
Friends! The time is upon us! We are leaving next week! Flights are booked, train tickets purchased to help shuttle a little phat girl with very big dreams all over the European versions of hither, thither AND yon!!!!

We are having a bon voyage party for us and also birthday celebration for my videographer and companion, Alistair aka Smokin' McQueen! Tomorrow night on Thursday June 25 at the Lava Lounge! Doors at 8, show at 9! $10!
We are having performances by Phat Man Dee, Smokin' McQueen, Tommy Amoeba, Geña Música, Christiane D, Andrew the Impaled, David Apocalypse, Viva Valezz, Nomi Darling, Lita D Vargas, Just Jingles, Fangs the Clown, Miguel Sague III and Kat De Lac! Doors at 8, show at 9!  Here is the facebook event page! https://www.facebook.com/events/1594232490854957/

On Monday we fly to Venice, the European city of bridges! For songs and boats! I have learned "Bella Ciao" and "O Sole Mio" and there is a jazz club there who doesn't return emails, but they have musicians playing when I go so I hope they will let me sit in! Then we head to Austria for the World Body Painting Festival I am singing on Friday at 330 pm on the Green Stage and then on Sun am for Scott and Madelyn's Brilliant Bodypainted Wedding

Then we're off to Munich for the "American Ladies of Jazz" concert with Jodi Phlegar (my dear friend since we were 3 years old and in synagogue day care in Altoona, PA!!) with jazz vocalist Tracey Cooper and her band! Here is the FB event info for THAT! https://www.facebook.com/events/711696182276187/ After that it is a whirlwind journey.... I have planned musical bridge collaborations with jazz trumpeters in Ghent, medieval bagpipers in Berlin, Tuvan throat singers, bagel shop owning saxophonists and jazz poets in Paris, accordionists in Rome, then we're off to visit Sister Mabel and attend my cousin April's Iranian wedding in Malta and THEN we are ending the entire journey in Edinburgh for the Festival Fringe! We've been invited to perform at the Spigeltent Columbino by the King of Burlesque, Chaz Royal for his production "The Best of Burlesque"!  We will make web updates as we can along the way. We have built a BRAND NEW YOUTUBE channel just for this series! "Take it to the Bridge" is the title and it ALREADY has one video on it! We shot last week with my dear friends Christine Andrews and Maria Hamer at the Hot Metal Bridge and they danced as I sang an old 15th century Spanish cantiga that I learned at LPC summer camp called "Ay Linda Amiga"! Please enjoy it, thank you so much!!!!! Here is the link to see it! https://youtu.be/l_27CaAG_zk

xoxo Mandee

PS I just joined Instagram! @phatmandee