JSDocs for Phaser World Issue 97?

Chad Elstad

Sep 18, 2017, 11:49:47 AM9/18/17
to Phaser 3 Development
Richard,
  I know you've tried a lot of things. So I just wanted to ask if you had tried the @memberof tag? We use that to link items together across files. So it seems to be the same or similar use case to the challenge you expressed in Phaser World Issue 97. I believe we used it in conjunction with the @class tag. Hopefully it'll help simplify what you're doing.
  We also use Docstrap to help us customize the results. Not exactly sure what your custom layout needs to be so I thought I would pass it on. Can't hurt, might help. ;)
  Hope this helps,
-Chad

Richard Davey

Sep 18, 2017, 12:06:34 PM9/18/17
to Chad Elstad, Phaser 3 Development
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried as I use it in v2 for similar reasons, but it wasn't having any of it.

More importantly, I can now do this:

/**
 * @include 'components/alpha.js'
 */

And it will pull in the docblock from that file into the class it is currently processing, something not possible with jsdoc natively.

I'm also making use of some custom tags like @demo to inline a working Phaser example (sort of like @iframe can do in some versions). And have extended the @tutorial concept so you don't have to keep all the tutorials together in the docs repo, but can keep them external.

I'm a lot happier with the flexibility that using an existing parser and my own custom output is giving me.

Cheers,

Rich

Photon Storm Ltd.

Skype: richard.davey