Asset Loading In Chromium browsers + Tilemap

BigBossErndog

Aug 9, 2018, 11:54:29 PM8/9/18
to Phaser 3 Development
So I'm running the Phaser Examples found in the Phaser 3 examples github repo, the latest version of them as of writing this. Using the latest version of Phaser 3 Leafa 3.11.0.

They run just fine in Firefox.

I am running Chrome and Opera locally with cross-origin enabled via the following in command prompt:
chrome --allow-file-access-from-files
launcher --allow-files-access-from-files
Which allows asset loading just fine for Phaser CE.

Not only do images not show, tilemaps also throw errors.

The results are the following (All showing the csv map arcade physics example, but same behaviour occurs with other examples):
Opera:

Chrome:

Firefox (Working)

I discovered this after trying with my own game, and decided to try with the examples locally.
Is this a problem with Phaser 3, or is it just me?
Is the --allow-file-access-from-files argument not enough as it is with Phaser CE, and will I need to set up a whole local server? As the examples clearly work online.