PhantomJS 1.7 is Blazing Star

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 21, 2012, 9:20:10 PM9/21/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
"Blazing Star" is a mesmerizing and beautiful flower, it is often used
as a symbol representing happiness and satisfaction. Tending these
flowers requires some patience, the reward is however worth all the
hassle.

Its beautiful appearance makes it popular among gardeners, don't be
surprised if you are stunned by the florets for hours and hours.
Blazing star is also known to have mild medicinal characteristics. A
fabulous combination of outer beauty and inner beauty I would say.

These days, with almost every web-related test framework gets
connected to PhantomJS in one way or another, presenting these
attractive yet romantic blossoms marking a joyful relationship could
not be a better honor for us.

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com
http://twitter.com/ariyahidayat

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 23, 2012, 1:23:42 PM9/23/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I got the binaries for OS X and Windows ready for download. However, I
don't have a machine with enough memory to complete the Vagrant-based
build for Linux.

Unless Jon beats me to it, expect the Linux binaries to have a delay
anywhere between 24 to 72 hours.

Thanks!

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 23, 2012, 7:24:57 PM9/23/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
In addition, I've migrated some contents to the new GitHub wiki. It's
preliminary but it's good enough that the web site now points to this
wiki. Please have a look, contributions are also welcomed! It's
located at

https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs/wiki

And hopefully the API reference will be better once I'm done with
http://code.google.com/p/phantomjs/issues/detail?id=627.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jon Leighton

Sep 24, 2012, 4:07:52 AM9/24/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
On 23/09/12 18:23, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> Unless Jon beats me to it, expect the Linux binaries to have a delay
> anywhere between 24 to 72 hours.

I've uploaded a 64 bit build. I can do 32 bit over night (UTC+1)
tonight, or if Ariya can make it sooner then go ahead :)

Jon

--
http://jonathanleighton.com/

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 25, 2012, 1:27:42 AM9/25/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> I've uploaded a 64 bit build. I can do 32 bit over night (UTC+1)
> tonight, or if Ariya can make it sooner then go ahead :)

I've created and uploaded Linux i686 package.

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 26, 2012, 10:06:21 AM9/26/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
And finally blogged:
http://ariya.ofilabs.com/2012/09/phantomjs-1-7-blazing-star.html.

Kudos to all contributors to this release. RESPECT!

Ivan De Marino

Sep 26, 2012, 10:34:51 AM9/26/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
We should start thinking about a meetup.

Or am I too optimistic?

2012/9/26 Ariya Hidayat <ariya....@gmail.com>

Ivan De Marino
Coder, Technologist, Cook, Italian

blog.ivandemarino.me | www.linkedin.com/in/ivandemarino | twitter.com/detronizator

Ariya Hidayat

Sep 28, 2012, 11:16:31 PM9/28/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> We should start thinking about a meetup.
>
> Or am I too optimistic?

We can start with stickers first :)

James Greene

Sep 29, 2012, 11:53:52 AM9/29/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Ooo, PhantomJS stickers! Sign me up. :-P

What kind of meetup did you have in mind, Ivan? Like a monthly meetup (where?), yearly conference, etc...?

~~James

Ivan De Marino

Oct 1, 2012, 3:53:20 AM10/1/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
A conference sounds like too much.

A meetup somewhere after work time.

Not sure choosing a location is easy though: we are pretty scattered around the earth (and this is the moment when I thin: wow - Open Source is awesome!)

~~James

James Greene

Oct 1, 2012, 7:03:31 PM10/1/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Well, we could always start online...? Make use of Google Hangouts or something similar.  Then it just comes back to syncing up a time to meet. :)
~~James

Ariya Hidayat

Oct 5, 2012, 11:23:08 PM10/5/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Or talk about it in a JavaScript/web-related meetup. An example:
http://www.meetup.com/javascript-9/events/85021482/.

James Greene

Oct 6, 2012, 12:05:02 AM10/6/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to talk about it about my neighborhood JavaScript group — I co-organize the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) group in Minnesota: http://www.meetup.com/JavaScriptMN/

Any things that we should always definitely mention, or just a general overview and some ways to use the tool?

~~James

Ivan De Marino

Oct 6, 2012, 6:32:49 AM10/6/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
who is that guy talking about our work?  how dare him? :P

Maybe we could make a calendar of the conferences each one of us is going and try to find a match.
I don't pass my Mountain View very often (so far, only once in the current lifetime :) )

Ariya Hidayat

Oct 6, 2012, 12:53:40 PM10/6/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> Any things that we should always definitely mention, or just a general
> overview and some ways to use the tool?

There was a talk by Mike Subelsky at Baltimore JS meetup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBxd0VrIpXM.

I thought it's pretty good, it should serve as an example for such a
similar talk.

Jhon footfactory

Oct 11, 2012, 1:21:51 AM10/11/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Good tool for testing. I need it for a different OS though