PhantomJS related Tomcat warning during shutdown

Andi

Feb 27, 2015, 10:18:49 AM2/27/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

playing with PhantomJS inside a web application I'm getting an error during tomcat shutdown, although I'm closing and quitting the PhantomJSDriver properly before tomcat stops. Does anyone know whether this is a real problem and what to do about it?

Regards,
Andi

2015-02-27 16:06:35.969  WARN 6067 --- [ost-startStop-2] o.a.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader    : The web application [/screenshot] appears to have started a thread named [UrlChecker-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:

 sun
.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

 java
.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215)

 java
.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.awaitFulfill(SynchronousQueue.java:460)

 java
.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.transfer(SynchronousQueue.java:362)

 java
.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue.poll(SynchronousQueue.java:941)

 java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1066)

 java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1127)

 java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

 java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Andi

Mar 2, 2015, 9:03:08 AM3/2/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com

Ok, calling stop() on all UrlChecker threads and waiting for them to die solves the problem. But I wonder if this is not a hint for bad design or whether I missed something? Maybe this question is better suited for the selenium developer group?

Regards,