Cal Fish and Game ROV program is DIW

Patricia

Aug 20, 2010, 6:45:14 PM8/20/10
to Phantom ROV Forum
Well I guess it's official now. The California Department of Fish and
Game has decided not to renew any contracts for budget reasons and so
that means that all of us on the ROV program through Pacific States
Marine Fisheries Commission are now off the project. This includes
the ROV pilot, Data manager, GIS person and me, the engineer---
basically everyone except the ROV.

Some of the employees have relocated to MARE <http://www.maregroup.org/
> and I have to say we had a very strong staff. I just want to
encourage anyone who needs DOE ROV support to feel free to contact me
or MARE.

I am actively seeking any ROV related work. I also have plenty of
upgrades for the Phantom that I developed while working for Cal Fish
and Game that I would be happy to share with you. We just integrated
touch screen controls for the cameras and added a still camera and
other digital controls. I am very familiar with the Phantom system
and can build any custom technologies if you have ideas you'd like to
see come to life.

Hopefully I can meet some of you at the Oceans conference in Seattle.
Let me know if you will be there.

Thanks,

Patricia