Does Phantom have RoboCopy of some sort?

Tommy Albinsson

May 31, 2013, 4:23:49 AM5/31/13
to phantom...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Love the work you guys have done with Phantom. I have begun to use it for many of my projects but I have one question.

For example, when writing a Build csproj file i usually use RoboCoby to deploy the build to my say test server.

    <Target Name="Deploy" DependsOnTargets="Package" Outputs="%(Path.Identity)">
        <RoboCopy
                SourceFolder="$(PackageDir)\%(Path.Identity)"
                DestinationFolder="$(ServerPath)\%(Path.Identity)"
                Subdirectories="true"
                ExcludeFiles="*.pdb"
                NoJobHeader="true"
            />
    </Target>

For us that does not have a buildserver, is there anyway to use RoboCopy in Phantom to "deploy" the files after a build? Also, is there any integration with TFS build server on the way?

//Tommy

Jeremy Skinner

May 31, 2013, 4:28:07 AM5/31/13
to phantom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Phantom doesn't have a built-in task for invoking RoboCopy - you'd need to use the exec task to construct the commandline call to invoke RoboCopy with appropriate arguments for copying to your deployment destination.

No plans for any sort of integration with TFS.

Jeremy

//Tommy

Tommy Albinsson

Jun 11, 2013, 8:34:06 AM6/11/13
to phantom...@googlegroups.com
Ok, that seems logical to me.

Can you compile and example of this how it would be done with Phantom? What I am looking for, is after a comile target, if success deploy all the files to a specific network share. And, of course only update the files that have changed.

//Tommy

Jeremy Skinner

Jun 11, 2013, 9:06:00 AM6/11/13
to phantom...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the precise syntax for RoboCopy.exe off the top of my head I'm afraid, but the exec task simply allows you to pass in a command line. So you can call RoboCopy.exe in exactly the same way you would from the command line:

Please check this page on the wiki for examples on how to use exec: https://github.com/JeremySkinner/Phantom/wiki/Executing-external-programs

Tommy Albinsson

Jul 11, 2013, 2:57:06 AM7/11/13
to phantom...@googlegroups.com