Phantom Erratic #8: Ieke Trinks, Gabriëlle Barros Martins, John Levin, Judith Pancake, DJ Dutch Snackyfresh at Jaume I Greenfield

Neil Young, Cloaca

Jul 11, 2016, 11:52:45 PM7/11/16
to phantom-bra...@googlegroups.com
And lo, a surprise Phantom Erratic appears in the humid fog of summer!

Visiting Dutch artists Ieke Trinks and Gabriëlle Barros Martins will be executing two short performances, much to our astonishment and pleasure.

Ieke Trinks
Gabriëlle Barros Martins
John Levin
Judith Pancake
DJ Dutch Snackyfresh

at Jaume I
14 miles St.
Greenfield, MA

Monday July 18, 8pm - 11pm.
doors at 8, performances promptly at 8:30, over by 11.

bring $7 - 10 for the artists (especially these folks from the Netherlands)

Deeper details and bonus news below:

Ieke Trinks has the distinguished position of being the first artist to do a return session with the Phantom Erratic - You might recall her here at the Montague Bookmill, almost 3 years ago, attempting impossible feats of meaning-making and object-relation by walking a cyclical path of rapid degradation. In the intervening years, she's been all over the place in residencies, exchanges, and fresh collaborations. This year's return performance should be no less surprising.
http://ieketrinks.nl/

Ieke's old friend and collaborator Gabriëlle Barros Martins has more recently been spending time in the Providence area and in addition to possibly accompanying / supporting Ieke's piece, will be presenting a solo vocal work of her own. I first met Ieke and Gabrielle in Rotterdam, they were collaborating in a duo called Neandertaler, where their performances were social experiments and fake businesses often based around food.
https://vimeo.com/32149766
John Levin is a Brattleboro based analog synth wrangler of deep tonal order. This will be a very special birthday performance for him, where might actually see the growth of a third eye in real time. Somebody bring a cake!
http://www.johnlevin.net
Judith Pancake is Gwyneth Merner and Matt Erickson of Turners Falls and the Bezoar Formations organization. In addition to their commitment to weirdness via squishy bedroom electronic music, they're - gasp! - writers. There might be projections.
https://soundcloud.com/bezoar_formations/tracks
DJ Dutch Snackyfresh aka Maria Danielson from John Doe JR and rad DJ with a long history of making adventurous radio in the Valley and Cape Islands, will be spinning selections before and between acts.

i know it's a Monday, and that I'm telling you about this a week away, but it's how we're rolling here in the summer. come you bozoes, bring some friends.

ALSO! Bromp Treb is playing a bunch of shows, starting Thursday in TF, and some outta towners in Providence, Lowell, Worcester...
Pine Cone Finance Reform Party office will be open later this month at APE Gallery in Northampton. GET INVOLVED.

--
Y  E  A  Y  !
po box 7 turnersfalls, ma 01376 usa