some activities and an early December Phantom Erratic

Neil Young, Cloaca

Nov 15, 2016, 10:43:43 PM11/15/16
to phantom-bra...@googlegroups.com
Ugh. It's been a rough week. My usual motivation has taken a pretty nasty hit under such a climate of anxiety. ...and especially hard to see so many of my friends, especially the ones who are not white-cis-hetero dudes like me, trying to take care of themselves and their families in the wake of the insecure-rich-white-nationalist-rapist-in-chief's rise to power and their attempted normalization. I don't have much else to say other than I'm burning with many of you in anger and sadness. I'm gonna continue to be a weirdo artist and do my best to use whatever I got to defend and be in solidarity with those of us who are under-attack. Our resistance will come in many beautiful and confounding forms, crucial to stretching paralyzed minds and pushing our butts into action. Please friends, don't stop!

First and foremost, another Phantom Erratic has appeared for early December. I'll spit out another reminder once the new month hits, but I wanted you to get this on your calendars:

Phantom Erratic #11
Sunday DEC 4. 8pm -11:30pm $10
@ Jane Doe Jr. (above John Doe Jr. Records and Books) Greenfield, MA

Azpackt
Pod Blotz
Craow
Boy Harsher

Azpackt
featuring the wild elektroacoustic acrobatics of Sack Nippleman and Neroli Garblianno from the base of Vesuvius in Campanialand, Italy.
Pod Blotz is Suzy Poling, Los Angeles' finest crafter of shattered light and sound refractions and otherworldly crystalline audiovisuals.
Craow is some spooky industrial throbbing emanating from a collapsed factory in Providence.
Boy Harsher is our own homegrown synth driven dark electro sputter duo.

It'll be a killer night of weirdo electronic music/sounds with artists from far away who rarely if ever make it out to these parts. Please bring your friends!

Second, Bromp Treb is back performing a coupla shows this week, one in TF, two outta town:

FRi 11/18/16 The Brick House, Turners Falls, MA. w/ Susan Alcorn, Dawn Cook, Bunwinkies.

SAT 11/19/16 Sonorium, Gallows Hill Theater, Salem, MA. w/ Laura Cetilia, Egregoros, Vehement Caress.
SAT 11/19/16 tele-present // tele-musik // tele-vision at Alfred University, Alfred, NY. a Skyped-in performance w/ rrlew, offal, thornn, valise, isabella, finished, timeghost, joe mygan, work/death, mark cetilia, v manuscript, andrew deutsch, martin freeman, tinnitustimulus, peer bode + rebekkah palov, matthew underwood + jessica earle.

Lastly, there's a buncha events coming up this week alone in the upper valley here:
- THU NOV 17 - Goodnight's Sleep screening of Born In Flames at Cosa Rara in TF.
- THU NOV 17 - frank Hurricane and more @ Between the Uprights, TF
- SAT NOV 19 - battle trance, ruth garbus @ brick house, TF
- SAT DEC 3 - HUT VI: Chris Corsano, Jacob Fried, Katy Martin @ SCTD, Northampton

i'm sure i'm forgetting more, but check in with WMASS DIY Calendar for like, everything.

anyway, take care, ya'll!

--
Y  E  A  Y  !
po box 7 turnersfalls, ma 01376 usa