Phantom Erratic #10: Chris Corsano, Aya Yamasaki Brown

Neil Young, Cloaca

Oct 14, 2016, 1:20:26 AM10/14/16
to phantom-bra...@googlegroups.com
Thursday, October 20th, 2016. 8pm.
at 5 Church St. Millers Falls, MA.

Chris Corsano
Aya Yamasaki Brown

doors at 8pm; performances from 8:15pm - 9:30pm.
$5 - $10 for the performers.

Another erratic sprouts as the leaves keep turning. This time we have a short event in an unlikely space, a bring-your-own-holy-water event. The congregation will experience two special performances by masters of esoteric consciousness massage.

New York-based multi-tentacled percussion improviser Chris Corsano continuously surprises audiences with evolving, trance-inducing compositions that rely on simple techniques and complex levitation schematics. He's an extraordinarily sweet and busy guy

Western Mass-based artist Aya Yamasaki Brown is known round these parts for her psychedelic and dreamlike animations, comics, and installations as half of Opertura. Her cosmological mycelium stretches from the steamy volcanic hot springs of her native island of Kyushu, Japan up through the crispy crystals forming on the edge of the glacial potholes of nearby Shelbourne Falls. Aya's weird psychic medicines are a roiling stew of shinto, scifi, anthroposophy, new moons, and ancient tarot. In this rarely aligned instance, she will present a solo performance, details of which are a complete mystery to me.

I'm really quite giddy to have these two awesome artists and lovely people presenting together. Oh and please, be there on time, the show will be short but as i've said, very special. Perfect for parents, early-risers, and people who are sick of really long events.

Added bonus: Rodney Madison has been working in this space and his latest paintings will be up all over, so take a look around.

--
Y  E  A  Y  !
po box 7 turnersfalls, ma 01376 usa