Phantom Erratic #15 and a myriad of other important activities

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Neil Cloaca Young

未读,
2018年9月3日 17:55:522018/9/3
收件人 phantom-bra...@googlegroups.com
Hi. so much, probably too much, in fact.

firstly, a SHOW THING:

Phantom Erratic #15: Lily+Hornhorse, Scy1e, Nurse Betty, Glochids, Elias Saturday, September 22, 2018. Root Cellar Bar, Greenfield, MA. 9PM. $8.

Come celebrate Raub Roy's 40th Birthday and Greenfield Homecoming as well as Neil and Fafnir's 23rd Anniversary! Jeebus, it's so much festive that I am not sure we will even be able to process the cornucopia of delectable soundtrackery from points near and far. First, lemme tell you about the the Oakland-based freakbeat triumverate. Scy1e aka horaflora aka greenfield native son Raub Roy, electroacoustic synthesis wizard and co-creator of Weird Ear Records label, issuing stunning sounds and gloriously designed packaging. Nurse Betty is the solo project of Dianne Lynn, a first class tabletop electrician and co-conspirator in The Weird Ear cause. Lastly is James Roemer's spicy dry roasted desert sounds found and constructed under the Glochids name. Bookending the evening are exciting acts from the twin river valleys: from our valley, kicking off proceedings is a short set by newcomer Elias aka Lucie Rosenfeld, improvising with electronics and field-gathered sounds and from the Hudson zone, to close the night on the dancefloor are brassy pop disco weirdoes Lily + Hornhorse featuring Palberta's Lily Konigsberg and Hornhorse's Matt Norman - both of these kids write such outstanding hooks over crooked beats and have such dorky moves - if fun is your punishment, then your night will end in the dungeon. I'm very excited about this night, it's rare that I get to program things onna Saturday night and you know what, we're gonna get goofy.

secondly, SCREENING THINGS:
Friday September 21, 2018. Amherst Cinema. 7pm
MILFORD GRAVES FULL MANTIS is starting a weeklong run of screenings at Amherst Cinema with this kickoff screening and Q&A with Jake and I. If you were unable to get tickets to our SOLD OUT area screening last spring, this is your chance. And of course, I highly recommend peeping this thing on the big screen in those comfy seats. Also, the screenings and special appearances continue all over the stinkin place. Please check the screenings listings on the website and remind your friends to check it out when it comes to their town.

Amherst Cinema has been killing it lately with the special programming, but this week on Wednesday Sept 5 at 7pm - I cannot recommend enough that you checkout Vic Rawlings and Jeff Silva's film called LINEFORK. Ernst Karel did a fantastic job on the sound design and mix...

also-ly, FAF THINGS:
Fafnir Adamites "Insight That Accrues"
September 4 - September 29, 2018 - Carberry Fine Arts Gallery at Springfield Technical Community College.
check out Fafnir's new sculpture work! meet-and-greet reception with the artist on Sept. 19, 10:30am - 1pm. There will prob also be an informal Saturday hang session with Faf sometime this month too.

Faf's also has work up in two area group shows this month at Exploded View's Paper Jam at The Discovery Center in TF and the GCC Faculty show

lastly, BROMP THINGS:

11 Sept 2018 - Tubecatz, Hadley, MA. w/ The Cradle and more tba.
16 Sept 2018 - Brick House, Turners Falls, MA. Spontaneous Combustion 10 w/ Weston/Pelchat/Bosse.

19 Sept  2018 - Hotel Vernon, Worcester, MA. w/ J Soliday, Luer, +DOG+, L'eclipse Nue, Angelsbreath.
23 Sept 2018 - Coldspring Hollow, Belchertown, MA. w/ W00dy, Pussyvison, Underwear.

Oh yeah, also, October 6th, I'll be playing percussion in this AESY quartet with Andy Allen, Wendy Eisenberg, and Donald Warner Shaw III at HUT in Northampton. More on that later, I guess. Hold onto your hats, autumn is coming. xo.
--
Neil.cl0aca.Young
c/o Yeay! Plastics po box 7 turners falls, ma 01376 usa