A Gloyd Release and fundraiser - JULY 3, 2020

Neil Cloaca Young

Jul 2, 2020, 11:31:53 PM7/2/20
to phantom-bra...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,
Links first, but read below them for more context

Gloyd - SubGloydals 2020 digital release:

or just donate to the Franklin County People's Fund:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/fc-peoples-fund-covid19-mutual-aid-project

This band I've been playing in, Gloyd, is finally releasing our first recordings.
We always meant to do a proper recording session but it never came together. Over the past 6 or so months I have been mixing chopping and reconstituting sketches, practice sessions and performances and finally sculpted a weird mess of a mixtape composed of Full- and Sub- Gloydal material from over our couple years of playing together. It's really been an honor and hoot to rip with these bozoes, I love them all. I think this 55 minutes of music is a wild ride well worth the price of admission.

On FRI JULY 3, with bandcamp is waiving their fees, Gloyd will be dropping this release with 100% of the band’s proceeds going to the Franklin County People's Fund - a local mutual aid project that has been supporting "those who are targeted due to race, immigration status, or poverty by providing community-generated donations on a case-by-case basis. Now in its fourth year, the fund is organized by an all-volunteer collective and relies on an informal network of community members who have committed to donating when local needs arise. ...Since our COVID-19 Mutual Aid Project began in April, your donations have been distributed to approximately 90 families in our community. Most of these families have not received government benefits or stimulus and are facing housing and food insecurity..."

I hope you all are holding up well! stay safe and take care! xo, n

Tangents, some recent inputs/reccs:
YESNOWAVE music: https://yesnowave.bandcamp.com/
OUR BELOVED KIN by Lisa Brooks
AROUND THE WORLD WHEN YOU WERE MY AGE by Aya Koretzky
HANDSWORTH SONGS by John Akomfra
A SONG PLAYED OFTEN ON THE RADIO by Raven Chacon and Cristobal Martinez
--
Neil.cl0aca.Young
c/o Yeay! Plastics po box 7 turners falls, ma 01376 usa