PGXN automatically discovers too much documentation

Marc Munro

Dec 18, 2020, 4:39:50 PM12/18/20
to PGXN Users
I am shipping my extension, veil2, with compiled  english-language documentation.  Unfortunately PGXN recognises lots of the files and displays them all on the extension home page as an unstructured list of poorly named (by docbook and Doxygen) files.  This is unhelpful as I only want the README file to appear.  This contains links to the full docs on github, so is more than enough as an entry point.

Any ideas or suggestions?

__
Marc

David E. Wheeler

Dec 20, 2020, 12:51:01 PM12/20/20
to pgxn-...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 18, 2020, at 16:39, Marc Munro <marc....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am shipping my extension, veil2, with compiled english-language documentation. Unfortunately PGXN recognises lots of the files and displays them all on the extension home page as an unstructured list of poorly named (by docbook and Doxygen) files. This is unhelpful as I only want the README file to appear. This contains links to the full docs on github, so is more than enough as an entry point.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

PGXN will recognize any of the files with extensions for this list of markup languages as documentation:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Text::Markup#Description

So any .html files, for example. It also understands reStructuredText (.rst), so may well recognize doxygen files. If you want it not to include those files in the display on PGXN, add them to the no_index entry of the META.json file.

https://pgxn.org/spec#no_index

Best,

David

signature.asc

Marc Munro

Dec 20, 2020, 1:06:26 PM12/20/20
to pgxn-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 2020-12-20 at 12:50 -0500, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2020, at 16:39, Marc Munro <marc....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [. . . ] If you want it not to include those files in the display on
> PGXN, add them to the no_index entry of the META.json file.
>
>   https://pgxn.org/spec#no_index

Cool, thanks. I missed that in my earlier perusal.

__
Marc