Process to take over existing (dead) extension

chris....@adeven.com

Nov 10, 2017, 8:29:58 AM11/10/17
to PGXN Users
Hi all;

I am wondering how one can take over an existing but dead distribution.  The case is discussed to some extent here:

Andrey Popp is the current maintainer of the distribution and expresses there willingness to have us take it over.
I know PGXN has had some system of permissions in the works for some time but nothing yet working.  Is there anything
I can do to help with that as well?

The situation is we use hashtypes extensively, have solved a number of problems with it, and would like to be able to use
pgxn to continue where the old project has left off.  If there is a process or some way for contact to be made, I will put it in the ticket
on that project and see what we can do to get it going.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
PGXN user: einhverfr

David E. Wheeler

Nov 10, 2017, 11:10:45 AM11/10/17
to pgxn-...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 10, 2017, at 08:29, chris....@adeven.com wrote:

> Andrey Popp is the current maintainer of the distribution and expresses there willingness to have us take it over.
> I know PGXN has had some system of permissions in the works for some time but nothing yet working. Is there anything
> I can do to help with that as well?

I’ll reach out to Audrey directly and get her blessing for the transfer of ownership and make it happen.

Best,

David

signature.asc