Postgres: waiting for ExclusiveLock on extension of relation

林虎

Jul 25, 2014, 3:17:00 AM7/25/14
We have a production DB server working for many centers, after we split db servers(buy a new server and copy all data to the new one), the new DB server has "process 54156 still waiting for ExclusiveLock on extension of relation 12030673 of database 131080 after 1000.236 ms". Every time when this error appear, database will be full of locked queries, which make our DB server overloaded. This table is a tracking table, just record who clicked which page when.

we tried many solution including recompile postgres, nothing works, please help :(