template1 vacumming

sun...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2013, 11:10:30 AM4/13/13

My databases are updated regularly so I am vacuuming frequently (every one hour). Recently i also added template1 database to avoid over wrapping problem. But somehow i am seeing strange behavior.

Most of the time all db vacuuming finish in 30 secs.

but once in a day or two
- My actual DB is taking less than 30 secs for vacuuming.
- template1 is taking 5 mins for vacuuming.
- Queries become exceptionally slow at that time for 5 mins ( specially during the end).

I am wondering what could be the reason of long time of template1 vacumming sometime and slow query at end of vacumming.

My DB version is little old - 8.1.18.