Re: [INTERFACES] [HACKERS] Listen/Notify payload and interfaces

1 view

Greg Sabino Mullane

Feb 17, 2010, 1:04:14 PM2/17/10

Greg Sabino Mullane

Feb 18, 2010, 4:01:29 PM2/18/10

> Is the payload decoded to utf8 when pg_enable_utf8 is true?

No - there's a note in the code to look into that at some point. So
stick to ASCII for the moment. I'm sure the great DBD::Pg utf-8
overhaul (where we get rid of the pg_enable_utf8 hack) will encompass
payloads as well.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane gr...@turnstep.com

PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201002181600

iEYEAREDAAYFAkt9qn4ACgkQvJuQZxSWSsiM0ACgnjJAfKJOfIFzHBvBmXI3j/ZT
lEMAoIV6KwN186oOKqMYa6IQjYPHprzC
=AwK+

Greg Sabino Mullane

Feb 18, 2010, 5:12:49 PM2/18/10

>> No - there's a note in the code to look into that at some point. So
>> stick to ASCII for the moment. I'm sure the great DBD::Pg utf-8
>> overhaul (where we get rid of the pg_enable_utf8 hack) will encompass
>> payloads as well.

> Is that immanent?

Barring sudden free time, funding, and/or a client request, no.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane gr...@turnstep.com

PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201002181711

iEYEAREDAAYFAkt9u0AACgkQvJuQZxSWSsj/8wCcD6qwNvnRoQ+UJWzDuAIM1vh/
7pQAn1yRdO1bKL1qLpX8OeggS4iCl+1j
=sOJR