Software Mfj Multicom For Windows

Lean Eatma

Dec 7, 2023, 6:39:17 PM12/7/23
Here's some news...the old version of "Multicom for Windows" (not the one currently being sold by CSS) is the offspring of a shareware program called Skyrider written by VE3GLA back in 1995. Apparently, the author wrote the software and MFJ then brought it "in house" by securing the author's assistance in debugging the shareware and adding valuable features like SSTV, and packet file transfer. The shareware version was then abandoned in favor of Multicom for Windows. But the shareware version lives on!

Software Mfj Multicom For Windows
Download https://t.co/Ak95xGEVK8

Is there any software available to use the advanced modes in the MFJ-1278
TNC? I have heard MFJ has a "multicom" software. Is it any good? Comments
here indicate probably not, but I'd like more info on what and why. Thanks73 de N8VEMAndrew Lynch

>The only saving grace for MFJ is a program written by KF7XP Gary Johnson.
>XPCOM is a top notch piece of software and it's like Prego sauce,"It's
>all in there". from logging to rig control. don't take my word for it
>give it a try at.
>
>You won't be sorry.

Stay away form the MFJ software. Highly recommend LanLink, available on
numerous BBSs and the Internet. Supports all MFJ1278 modes.John L. Sielke Ham Radio: n4... nx2b.ampr.org
jsi... algorithms.com N4... WB2MNF.SNJ.USA.NOAM... He who dies with the most software WINS!
John - using AutoPGP 2.2á2 !

I use paKet6.2.but i need to use an older type of computer with 12volts onthe serial port,my 933mHz and 1.33gHz computers don't work with the tnc istill use kam,mfj-1270b and mfj-1270c. I can also use log-eqf to run those 3tnc'swrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus.

Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU. I use paKet6.2.but i need to use an older type of computer with 12volts onthe serial port,my 933mHz and 1.33gHz computers don't work with the tnc istill use kam,mfj-1270b and mfj-1270c. I can also use log-eqf to run those 3tnc'swrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus. Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU.

I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus. Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU.

Thanks alot for your reply73 SV1EMUOn Sun, 18 Jan 2004 05:40:04 GMT, 'dvari' wrote:i use paKet6.2.but i need to use an older type of computer with 12volts =onthe serial port,my 933mHz and 1.33gHz computers don't work with the tnc =istill use kam,mfj-1270b and mfj-1270c. I can also use log-eqf to run =those 3tnc'swrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus. Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU. You should be able to use any terminal program such as the one included withWindows for example. Or go download WinPack. It is still free I believeand is an excellent program to use with TNCs.Dee D.

Flint, N8UZEwrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus. Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU. You should be able to use any terminal program such as the one included withWindows for example. Or go download WinPack.

It is still free I believeand is an excellent program to use with TNCs.Dee D. Flint, N8UZEwrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus. Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Why i feel like sucker?73 SV1EMU. 'dvari' wrote in messaget.i use paKet6.2.but i need to use an older type of computer with 12volts onthe serial port,my 933mHz and 1.33gHz computers don't work with the tnc istill use kam,mfj-1270b and mfj-1270c. I can also use log-eqf to run those3tnc'swrote in message.Hi. I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software isrediculus.

Multicom (Dos).They have a old win version at their site but they.sell it.!!!!!A product with no software for today PC's?Are these guys for real?The MFJ1270b is known worlwide as being a generic TNC2 clone. As a TNC2clone, it has more software written for it ( free and otherwise ) than anyother TNC design on the planet. There are literally dozens and dozens ofprograms that work with the MFJ1270b.Only a fool would be offended by the fact that some companies charge areasonable fee for thier software. Especially when there are dozens anddozens of free alternatives.Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?Sure. Dozens and dozens of them. There is not room to list them all here.Also, any terminal program should work. You can even use an old 'dumbterminal', if you can find one.Why i feel like sucker?No need for that at all.

I am trying to get my MFJ 1278T TNC back on the air after a few years in storage. I have all of the books and disk that came with the unit. Trouble is that the unit came with a 5.25' disk, containing the Multicom software, that none of my newer computers can run. MFJ says they have a windows program for Multicom but it is on 3.5' disk, which my computers won't accept. Is there a software program that I can get on CD or download that will work with the 1278T. I would still like to do packet and SSTV with the 1278T.

MFJ-1213 JVFax to SSTV Adapter with software.

This computer interface lets you use JVFAX or HamComm software to receive and decode all kinds of digital data with your transceiver.

JVFAX software lets you see fabulous full-color FAX and SSTV pictures view, edit, store FAX/SSTV images.

Has skew correction, Auto-Receive, Auto-Save, Automatic Tuning Control and Auto-Sync. Receive Baudot, ASCII, AMTOR, ARQ/FEC, SITOR A/B, NAVTEX, SHIP and SYNOP.
eebf2c3492