Very slow perfomance for selecting big data resultsets.

Копыченко Павел

Dec 6, 2012, 1:08:53 PM12/6/12
Hello.

I have a big data table. This table consist of 30 columns and 1000000
rows. I want to understand why the select of 100000 records in the
psqlODBC performed 60 seconds. When i do this with mySql ODBC this
operation perfomed 13 seconds. Are there any recommendations to speed
draver? Maybe have binary mode or any more settings?

Please help

BGoebel

Dec 10, 2012, 11:31:19 AM12/10/12
Hello

Would you try to execute your SELECT within pgAdmin?

If performance is much better now, take a look at my post
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Result-Set-over-Network-Question-tt5682480.html#a5708971

Best performance you will get by using COPY
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-copy.html
and read the resultset via a text file.

best regards
BGoebel