tying application to specific Postgres/EDB server (kinda hostname extension but better)

kizm...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2016, 12:27:28 PM8/25/16
I am looking for a way to tie an application license to a specific Postgres/EDB server (by the server name). I found "hostname" extension that returns the DB server host name. It would work for the purpose of determining the real host name, but we do not have any control on the customer DB server (so either the extension is not available, or could be counterfeited). Is there a known solution for determining Postgres/EDB host name from C++/.Net/Java client?