with PostgreSQL 9.1.9,the stats collector process is not work!

X.H.----WANG

Apr 11, 2013, 2:01:39 AM4/11/13
Hello everybody:

     After I switch the slave to the master , I can not get the stats information by the below sql and the pg_stat_reset() does not work on the New Master,
And I vacuum by hand,it's still not work! I need some help.Could you give me any idea?

the stat sql:

SELECT st.relname, n_tup_ins, n_tup_upd, n_tup_del, n_tup_hot_upd, n_live_tup, n_dead_tup, last_vacuum, last_autovacuum, last_analyze, last_autoanalyze, vacuum_count, autovacuum_count, analyze_count, autoanalyze_count, pg_size_pretty(pg_relation_size(st.relid) + CASE WHEN cl.reltoastrelid = 0 THEN 0 ELSE pg_relation_size(cl.reltoastrelid) + COALESCE((SELECT SUM(pg_relation_size(indexrelid)) FROM pg_index WHERE indrelid=cl.reltoastrelid)::int8, 0) END + COALESCE((SELECT SUM(pg_relation_size(indexrelid)) FROM pg_index WHERE indrelid=st.relid)::int8, 0)) AS size FROM pg_stat_all_tables st JOIN pg_class cl on cl.oid=st.relid WHERE schemaname = 'public' ORDER BY relname;

My environment:

Linux 3.2.1-gentoo-r2
postgresql 9.1.9,

the paras:
"autovacuum";"on"
"track_counts";"on"

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.0.22 localhost.localdomain localhost

  the postgresql's processes exist:

writer process stats collector process wal writer process autovacuum launcher process wal sender process

Thank you for your time!
Best Regard!

River

Vasilis Ventirozos

Apr 11, 2013, 2:29:12 AM4/11/13

Hoàng Thanh Toàn - DB

Apr 11, 2013, 4:13:30 AM4/11/13

Dear all,

Please help me.

I know this is postgres-admin mail list, it is not for the discussion of pgpool.

I'm sorry to post questions related to pgpool.

I have a problem like this:

<<

I have a temporary table is used as a literal in View objects.

in Master/Slave Mode (Pgpool): how to detect all query on this view, and then transfer it to master.

Please give me some advices.

Thanks a lot.

--

Best Regards,

X.H.----WANG

Apr 11, 2013, 4:21:08 AM4/11/13

I'm sorry,I forgot to attach the log info:

WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout
SELECTWARNING:  pgstat wait timeout
SELECTWARNING:  corrupted statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.stat"
VACUUMWARNING:  pgstat wait timeout

From:  "Vasilis Ventirozos"<v.vent...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Thu, Apr 11, 2013 02:29 PM
To:  "X.H.----WANG"<8266...@qq.com>;
Cc:  "pgsql-admin"<pgsql...@postgresql.org>;
Subject:  Re: [ADMIN] with PostgreSQL 9.1.9,the stats collector process is not work!

Prashanth Ranjalkar

Apr 11, 2013, 10:01:46 AM4/11/13
Would you mind providing more insights on type of replication that is in use as email states that switch performed from slave to master ?

Initial glance points towards catalog corruptions however would like to understand the replication methodology used here..

Thanks & Regards,

Prashanth Ranjalkar
Database Consultant & Architect
Skype:prashanth.ranjalkar