epub

Marc Hanisch

Oct 15, 2012, 8:11:19 AM10/15/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would be interested in creating an epub-version of the PostgreSQL Magazine. Any objection?

Best regards,
Marc

Rolland Jérôme

Oct 15, 2012, 8:12:43 AM10/15/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

No objection for me.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Marc Hanisch

Oct 16, 2012, 3:05:58 AM10/16/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
That sounds fine :-) So where can I find the sources / files?

Best regards,
Marc

PostgreSQL Magazine

Oct 16, 2012, 6:21:08 AM10/16/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com, Marc Hanisch
Le 16/10/2012 09:05, Marc Hanisch a écrit :
> That sounds fine :-) So where can I find the sources / files?

Thanks for proposing this ! epub is a long-awaited format. We're
receiving lots of questions about it from readers.

The source files are here: https://github.com/daamien/pgmag

Let me know if you need anything.

Out of curiosity, what is your plan ? Do you intend make a PDF to EPUB
convertion or go directly from the scribus files to EPUB ?

--
damien clochard
PostgreSQL Magazine Editor in Chief

Marc Hanisch

Oct 16, 2012, 6:45:43 AM10/16/12
to PostgreSQL Magazine, pg...@googlegroups.com
2012/10/16 PostgreSQL Magazine <con...@pgmag.org>:
Hello Damian,

thanks for the link! I think it would be better to create the EPUB
from scratch and take the contents out of the scribus files. A
conversion will not look fine on an ebook-reader device.
I think I should test it with the first issue and create different
versions to test with.

Regards,
Marc

--
★ Esperanto - Lingvo internacia ★ http://www.esperanto.dehttp://e-gikoj.com

PostgreSQL Magazine

Oct 18, 2012, 5:04:22 PM10/18/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com, Marc Hanisch

> Hello Damian,
>
> thanks for the link! I think it would be better to create the EPUB
> from scratch and take the contents out of the scribus files. A
> conversion will not look fine on an ebook-reader device.
> I think I should test it with the first issue and create different
> versions to test with.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Hi !

Out of curiosity, what software do you plan to use to create the epub
file ? Sigil ?

Marc Hanisch

Oct 19, 2012, 2:10:56 AM10/19/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
2012/10/18 PostgreSQL Magazine <con...@pgmag.org>:

> Hi !
>
> Out of curiosity, what software do you plan to use to create the epub
> file ? Sigil ?
>
> --
> damien clochard
> PostgreSQL Magazine Editor in Chief

Yes, I will use Sigil and Vim :-) I tried a conversion from the PDF
directly yesterday, but as expected the result looks bad ;-)