Issue 02 : Brain Storm

damien clochard

May 14, 2012, 2:51:43 AM5/14/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I know the issue #01 is just released but we need to think about the
next edition right now.

The plan is to release a 36 pages edition before october 1st, 2012.
Once again we'll have Cedric Gemy helping us for the layout and graphic
design.

There are obvious topics that we need to talk about like PostGIS 2.0 and
PostgreSQL 9.2 but we also have lot of room for other subject.
So if you have an idea for an article, if you want to write about
something, if you find an interesting blog post somewhere on the
internet, please add this the the page below :

http://pgmag.org/wiki/02/brainstorm

The deadline to add items is june 15th !

--
Damien

Sebastian Wagner

May 14, 2012, 5:58:27 AM5/14/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damien,

When the first issue has been released, an article about it on the
german pro-linux.de newssite was released. One reader commented the
following (my translation of course):
/"Looks a bit like thrown together without concept. Would have expected
more series of topics. Well, let's wait how the next issue will be."/

What do others think about series?

regards,
Sebastian
signature.asc

damien clochard

May 14, 2012, 6:10:25 AM5/14/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com, Sebastian Wagner
Le 14/05/2012 11:58, Sebastian Wagner a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> When the first issue has been released, an article about it on the
> german pro-linux.de newssite was released. One reader commented the
> following (my translation of course):
> /"Looks a bit like thrown together without concept. Would have expected
> more series of topics. Well, let's wait how the next issue will be."/
>
> What do others think about series?

Thanks for the feedback.

I can understand this critic. The magazine is still experimental. We're
trying new things in the graphic layout and in the content itself. See
what people like or dislike...

So any new advice is interesting. What do you mean by "series" ? Can you
give us more detail about it ?

The magazine has some recurring sections :

* The news/agenda section

* The interview : each issue features the interview of community
contributor

* The "waiting for" article which is a feature preview from the
forthcoming version. this is based on depesz blog : http://www.depesz.com

* There's the opinion article : with an unconventionnal point of view
about our community.

Regards,