Unlock problem on domain

brian...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 8:56:43 PM11/24/15
to pgina-devel
I am having a problem and I hope someone can provide some guidance.
I have written an authentication plugin ... all working fine there.  After authentication (username_orig), I use the single login gateway to always log in with a domain account (domain\username_new).
All works as expected.
However, when I lock the computer (I have checked "use original username to unlock"), pGina displays the user as "domain\username_orig" and login with the original password used in authentication phase does not work.  I am not sure why it is including the domain name.
BTW, I tested it on a non-domain joined computer and everything worked as expected there.  pGina just displayed "username_orig" and I was able to unlock with the original password used with authentication plugin.
So... it seems to only be a problem when domain joined and logging into domain account in gateway.  Help??

Nate Yocom

Jan 28, 2016, 1:43:49 PM1/28/16
to pgina...@googlegroups.com
What if you clear the domain from the session info after login?

Also, pGina+AD is a very untested path today :/

gfdos

Mar 29, 2016, 9:09:20 AM3/29/16
to pgina-devel
We actually use pGina+Email auth(pop) for some users and AD for other users....so they coexist -- but we haven't tried pGina+AD --- so If I run into any issue I will advise, will keep an eye out on this.

An unexpected advantage to pGina on a machine with AD is you don't have to hunt down the pcs name if you are trying to login as the local pc admin, since pGina knows what machine it is on.

Mumuney Abdlquadri

Aug 15, 2016, 5:06:41 AM8/15/16
to pgina-devel
Hello Brian Johnson,

I am currently facing the same challenge as you.

Do you manage to resolve this somehow?

Please any pointers would be great, everyone.

Thanks.

Regards.

Jy Tan

Feb 22, 2017, 2:26:36 AM2/22/17
to pgina-devel

A non-domain computer with pgina(3.2.4.1) also has the same issue.

1. Lock the computer.
2. Ctrl+Alt+Delete
3. Enter password.
4. Plugins did not provide a specific error message