Session Timer information form

da...@internavigare.com

Dec 1, 2015, 5:08:01 AM12/1/15
to pgina-devel
I've created a plugin that shows a form in the right bottom corner of the screen after a user logs on. The form shows a timer of when the session will end.
When I Emulate the pGina service the form shows up, but when I try to logon it doesn't.

How can I show the form on logon? Is there a plugin that already does this?

Hans Wurst

Dec 1, 2015, 7:39:31 AM12/1/15
to pgina-devel
you can't
your plugin is running in context of user service
while the users desktop is running in the context of this user

the easiest thing to to
is to exclude your form from the plugin and create a seperate exe
than call this exe in context of this user durin a logon event.
Message has been deleted

da...@internavigare.com

Jan 21, 2016, 11:13:09 AM1/21/16
to pgina-devel
I am now trying to show the form from an external application, but my problem now is I don't know how to retrieve the time.
I'm using the Radius plugin.

Hans Wurst

Jan 22, 2016, 2:36:04 AM1/22/16
to pgina-devel

you can use a named pipe

NamedPipeServerStream

NamedPipeClientStream

or something else

search for

c# IPC (interprocess communications)

I would write my own plugin

enable notification and start my winform by a logon event received from the notification interface

( this winform would run a named pipe server )

than i would start a thread in my plugin that is connecting to the winform named pipe server and push my infos to it.

On a logoff event i would terminate the thread and on an shutdown event too (shutdown events are not supported in pgina).

But for a simple "how long" timer i would start a stopwatch on the form itself and retrieve the max time from a regkey or any other way.

If you take the "how long" time from radius than you need to modify the plugin to push the state somewhere.