Cafe Brugge

Arthur Evans Jr

Sep 6, 2008, 8:53:39 PM9/6/08
A few weeks ago we ate with another couple at Cafe Brugge in Point
Breeze in the place long ago occupied by The Point Restaurant.

We all shared a Mediterranean platter, humous, baba ganouj and other
goodies. Between the four of us, we had vegie pasta with shrimp, a big
plate of mussels plus a salad, a vegie pasta with a piece of grilled
salmon, and a mustard-encrusted salmon. Everyone seemed to enjoy the
meal thoroughly; I certainly found my salmon to be delicious, served on
greens and risotto. Two of us ordered beer and one a glass of wine.

After all of that, we glanced at the dessert menu, but no one needed any
more food. It all came to about $137 with tip, and well worth it.

I had only one complaint. The beer menu under the heading 'Stout' listed
Guiness, which I ordered. What I got was a can marked 'Guiness draft'.
Now that's not a bad beer which I enjoy, but to my way of thinking it's
not the very bitter dark brew that I think I have a right to expect when
I order stout. The waiter was unsympathetic, as was the owner whom I
encountered when we were leaving.

Having been warned, we arrived at 5:00 on a Thursday night to find no
waiting line. When we left about 6:30 there was a line, probably moving
slowly as the place isn't very big. The review in the Post-Gazette (see
the URL below) suggests coming early and we were glad we did.

We'll definitely go back

Their site is at
http://www.pointbrugge.com
and it contains a link to the PG review.

Art Evans
EvansSL21 at earthlink dot com
(Fix the address and change 'com' to 'net'.)

Cheryl Greer

Sep 7, 2008, 2:06:37 PM9/7/08
In article
<nospam-65218C....@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,

Arthur Evans Jr <nos...@someISP.net> wrote:

> A few weeks ago we ate with another couple at Cafe Brugge in Point
> Breeze in the place long ago occupied by The Point Restaurant.

And if you've never been there for their Sunday brunch, you owe it to
yourself to go. The waffles are to DIE for, but you must get there
-before- they open for brunch to stand a chance of getting a seat.
That's worth it too. Also try the sweet polenta with figs. *drool*

cheryl

--
"I've met the man in the street, and he's a cunt."
--Sid Vicious