Cuzamil - Squirrel Hill

Kate Connally

Oct 10, 2008, 1:08:26 PM10/10/08
I tried Cuzamil last night. I had found their menu online
and they have soft tacos, and especially tacos al pastor
(pork and pineapple) on of my favorites.

They're in the same place that used to house another
Mexican place which has been gone a year or so. I can't
recall the name of the place. I went there a few times
and they had fairly simple fare but they also had tacos
al pastor and they were excellent. I'm sorry to see they
closed.

Especially since Cuzamil's food it awful! Well, at least
their tacos al pastor are awful. Now the typican taco al
pastor that I've had at a number of different places over
the years is pretty simple - just small chunks of pork and
chunks of pineapple. Then you can put salsa or other toppings
on it like chopped onions, tomatoes, etc. The filling in
these tacos seemed to be made with ground pork and it was
seasoned with something which I couldn't identify but which
flavor I found objectionable. And they cooked onions with
the pork. But the worst thing was that there was no pineapple
that I could either taste or see. (Before ordering I had asked
the waitress to make sure that they were made with port and
pineapple - you never know! - and she assured that was the case?
Well, someone forgot the pineapple!!!!! Also, they came already
topped with onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. I could have done
without the cilantro.

So, I ate them, but I will not be going back. The were just
barely edible. I didn't feel like complaining - just decided
not to ever return.

I hope when I get around to try the taco place on the
Southside it is not as big a disappointment.

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”