turducken

Ralph Feldman

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
Hi!

I'm thinking about ordering a Turducken for a Christmas party. (I would
make one myself but all the deboning required has unnerved me). Anyone
out there have any experience with mail order turduckens. Better yet
does anyone know of someone that might make turduckens locally

For those that might wonder what the hell a tuducken is: Its a deboned
turkey stuffed with a deboned duck stuffed with a deboned chicken, with
various cajun stuffings between the layers.

Thanks for any help.

Ralph Feldman
rnf...@pitt.edu

Julie Wardell

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
yes if anyone does know where to find one of these, please post it....i
would be very interested in trying one of these.

Julie

Ralph Feldman wrote:

--
on the road of life, there are many speedbumps--most of them chocolate

Michael Lukas

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Oh man! Can I stop by for dinner? That sounds delicious.

Trident

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
I WANT ONE TOO!!!!

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:40:16 -0500, Ralph Feldman <rnf...@pitt.edu>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm thinking about ordering a Turducken for a Christmas party. (I would
>make one myself but all the deboning required has unnerved me). Anyone
>out there have any experience with mail order turduckens. Better yet
>does anyone know of someone that might make turduckens locally
>
>For those that might wonder what the hell a tuducken is: Its a deboned
>turkey stuffed with a deboned duck stuffed with a deboned chicken, with
>various cajun stuffings between the layers.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>

>Ralph Feldman
>rnf...@pitt.edu

Trident
<pe...@bellatlantic.net>
"Be what you is, not what you is not; those who does this is the happiest lot!" - Mr. Wizard The Lizard

andy

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Hey!

When I first saw this post, I thought it was some sort of gag, like the
Jackelope. But while reading through rec.food.drink I came across this
web page devoted to turducken,
http://webhome.idirect.com/~boof/tdk10.htm. After seeing what goes into
the production of such a thing, I can see why you'd rather buy one than
make one.

I seem to remember reading about a similar food, but it started with squab
and ended w/ an ox, popular in England in the MIddle Ages. Does anyone
know what this was called?

Andy
http://www.gin-n-tonic.com
Wetting tomorrow's whistle today!

Andrew L. Tepper

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
>I seem to remember reading about a similar food, but it started with squab
>and ended w/ an ox, popular in England in the MIddle Ages. Does anyone
>know what this was called?

No, but when I got interested in Turducken, I came across a recipe for an Osturducken. Take an ostrich, stuff it with a
turducken.

Andy

Damon R Hudac

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Julie Wardell <juliew...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>yes if anyone does know where to find one of these, please post it....i
>would be very interested in trying one of these.
>
>Julie

Just from doing a web search on hotbot for "turducken" I came up with
this:

Hebert's Specialty Meats will ship original Cajun Turducken $58.95,
deboned stuffed chicken or turkey developed in Maurice, LA
http://www.hebertsmeats.com/

Reeeoga

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
>Just from doing a web search on hotbot for "turducken" I came up with
>this:
>
>Hebert's Specialty Meats will ship original Cajun Turducken $58.95,
>deboned stuffed chicken or turkey developed in Maurice, LA
>http://www.hebertsmeats.com/

For your Info.

I live about 10 miles from Hebert's (pronounced A-Bares). They have great
food. The price is about average for the item.

Warning: that red stuff in and around the various parts is ground Red Pepper.
Its not that hot (relatively speaking) but it can be hard on those of a
delicate nature. If you can handle a good Chile, you can handle this item.

Jeff and Nicole in La.
www.angelfire.com/la/reeeoga

P.S. Their stuffed Duck is great by itself, roasted on a pit.

Julie Wardell

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
thanks everyone!

Julie

Pamela Peele

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
i have made turduckens and several other variations on this theme. deboning
the birds is not all that hard, esp the turkey itself which is just so big
that the process is quite easy. so rather than order one, try making one.
you can get directions on deboning from the joy of cooking if you need a
little refresher in it before you start. just be careful not to damage the
skin, you need the skins to be intact.

it really is a wonderful dish and quite pretty when carved (and of course,
really easy to carve)

Pamela

mag...@ch.etn.com

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
"Pamela Peele" ,

Are you located in the Pittsburgh Area ?

you mentioned having tried several other variations such as ?

would you either invite me - or could I pay you to make one ?
(only kidding, but very interested trying one)

thanks

mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.