Sweet Potato Fries

John Novicki

Dec 1, 2006, 2:05:44 PM12/1/06
Looking for place for dinner tonight that has sweet potato fries in the
Pittsburgh area (preferably Northeast or east). Thanks.

John

Gretchen Beck

Dec 1, 2006, 2:53:49 PM12/1/06
Uncle Sams Subs has sweet potato fries -- there's one on Forbes Avenue in
Squirrel Hill. There is also one in 210 Oakland Ave in Oakland.

There may be more (I know there is one in Robinson over by Half-Priced
Books/Target), but other than the Robinson store, I'm not sure where they
are.

toodles, gretchen

--On Friday, December 01, 2006 2:05 PM -0500 John Novicki

deiusenet

Dec 1, 2006, 2:59:57 PM12/1/06
"John Novicki" <nov...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:ekpue7$8do$1
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

> Looking for place for dinner tonight that has sweet potato fries in the
> Pittsburgh area (preferably Northeast or east). Thanks.

Fuel & Fuddle in Oakland has mixed fries, but I don't recall if you can get
*just* sweet potato fries.
Rumor has it that Kelly's Bar & Lounge in East Liberty has them (thick-
cut!) but I can't find a website with a menu to check that.

tomb...@city-net.com

Dec 1, 2006, 3:03:44 PM12/1/06
Fuel and Fuddle is owned by same "person" who owns Uncle Sams.

Tom

Tom Wolper

Dec 1, 2006, 3:08:17 PM12/1/06
deiusenet wrote:

> Rumor has it that Kelly's Bar & Lounge in East Liberty has them (thick-
> cut!) but I can't find a website with a menu to check that.

Pubcrawler has a picture of their menu with sweet potato fries listed. It
doesn't say when the menu is from. I think Union Grill on S Craig St in Oakland
has sweet potato fries.

Tom W

Dave

Dec 1, 2006, 3:39:10 PM12/1/06
Kelly's does have them

"deiusenet" <deiu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

John Novicki

Dec 1, 2006, 3:51:31 PM12/1/06
I don't believe that the Uncle Sam's in Oakland has them, as they aren't on
the menu nor have I ever seen anybody get them. As for Fuel and Fuddle, you
can get them all sweet potato, not just mix and match.

"Gretchen Beck" <g...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message

Cheryl Greer

Dec 1, 2006, 8:43:22 PM12/1/06
In article <ekq4kl$9ol$1...@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu>,
"John Novicki" <nov...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't believe that the Uncle Sam's in Oakland has them, as they aren't on
> the menu nor have I ever seen anybody get them. As for Fuel and Fuddle, you
> can get them all sweet potato, not just mix and match.

There is another Uncle Sam's at Waterworks plaza, and they have the
sweet potato fries.

Also, Alexia brand high-end frozen potato products makes a very good
sweet potato fry to make at home.

cheryl

--
"I've met the man in the street, and he's a cunt."
--Sid Vicious

Bill Ghrist

Dec 1, 2006, 11:50:49 PM12/1/06
Sorry, this is too late for tonight's dinner, but for future reference
Union Grill in Oakland has sweet potato chips.

Bill G

PizzaHEMI

Dec 4, 2006, 1:44:40 PM12/4/06
I have a ton of them in my freezer if you want them...never sold well though
they are great with cinnamon and sugar on them.

Steve from Many's Pizza

"John Novicki" <nov...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

John Novicki

Dec 5, 2006, 2:18:41 PM12/5/06
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Ended up going to Fuel and Fuddle, but
will try Uncle Sam's in the near future. Again, never saw them there, but
will have to ask to find out.

"Cheryl Greer" <vic...@pitt.edu> wrote in message