Dance this Friday

julia chambers

Dec 29, 2015, 8:13:49 PM12/29/15
to Contra Reminders List
Hello!

The next dance will be this Friday, Jan. 1 with The Cosmic Otters, from Chicago, and Rachel Wallace, also from Chicago, calling. https://www.facebook.com/events/155352204822128/

Also, we'd love for all of you to attend as many dances as possible. A full dance hall is great for everyone -- the band, the caller, experienced dancers, and brand-new beginners all benefit from a bunch of nice long lines full of people like you.

With that in mind, we are delighted to announce the Pittsburgh Contra Dance Season Pass! Sign up for a season pass and gain unfettered access to every weekly Friday contra dance in our spring season, January 1 through May 27. As a season pass holder, you'll also receive two guest tickets (to help you spread the joy of contra), and (as soon as we can get them printed) a personalized "Seasoned Dancer" name-button.  Season passes are available for $120. You can sign up at any Friday dance, or online at pittsburghcontra.org. Not only is this very nearly half-price for a full season of dancing (especially if you sign up early), it's also a great way to show support for the community!

And another reminder that we're still working towards our $50,000 goal (over $37,000 already) to raise funds for the Country Dance & Song Society, of which we are a member group (founded at the same time!) Your gifts and pledges made from 11/26/15 to 12/31/15 will be matched dollar for dollar up to $7,000.  Please consider giving or pledging by visiting www.cdss.org. Remember to note that you are from the Pittsburgh region when you give.

See you on the dance floor!
Julia