contra news

Gaye Fifer

Dec 16, 2015, 2:23:16 PM12/16/15
to pgh-con...@googlegroups.com
This Friday, Dec. 18, is our annual Holiday Ball at Swisshelm Park Community Center featuring the Holiday Ball Orchestra and Ron Buchanan calling, from 8-11PM.

Cost of the contra dance is $10/$7 for students.  Feel free to wear festive attire and bring festive snacks to share.
(Note: There will be NO dance on Christmas Day, Dec. 25.)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!
**We'd love for all of you to attend as many dances as possible. A full dance hall is great for everyone -- the band, the caller, experienced dancers and brand-new beginners all benefit from a bunch of nice long lines full of people like you.

With that in mind, we are delighted to announce the Pittsburgh Contra Dance Season Pass! Sign up for a season pass and gain unfettered access to every weekly Friday contra dance in our spring season, January 1 through May 27. As a season pass holder, you'll also receive two guest tickets (to help you spread the joy of contra), and (as soon as we can get them printed) a personalized "Seasoned Dancer" name-button.

Starting this Friday at the Holiday Ball, season passes will be available for $120. You can sign up at any Friday dance, or online at pittsburghcontra.org -- not only is this is very nearly half-price for a full season of dancing (especially if you sign up early), it's also a great way to show support for the community!

Gaye Fifer

Dec 22, 2015, 4:22:33 PM12/22/15
to pgh-con...@googlegroups.com
1)  There will be NO Dance on Friday, Dec. 25.  The next dance will be on Jan. 1 with The Cosmic Otters and Rachel Wallace calling.

2)  **We'd love for all of you to attend as many dances as possible. A full dance hall is great for everyone -- the band, the caller, experienced dancers and brand-new beginners all benefit from a bunch of nice long lines full of people like you.

With that in mind, we are delighted to announce the Pittsburgh Contra Dance Season Pass! Sign up for a season pass and gain unfettered access to every weekly Friday contra dance in our spring season, January 1 through May 27. As a season pass holder, you'll also receive two guest tickets (to help you spread the joy of contra), and (as soon as we can get them printed) a personalized "Seasoned Dancer" name-button.
Season passes are available for $120. You can sign up at any Friday dance, or online at pittsburghcontra.org -- not only is this very nearly half-price for a full season of dancing (especially if you sign up early), it's also a great way to show support for the community!

3)  We're still working towards our $50,000 goal (over $37,000 already) to raise funds for the Country Dance & Song Society, of which we are a member group (founded at the same time!). Your gifts and pledges made from 11/26/15 to 12/31/15 will be matched dollar for dollar up to $7,000.  Please consider giving or pledging by visiting www.cdss.org. Remember to note that you are from the Pittsburgh region when you give.