apt-get install pgdbf

Michael Martin

Oct 17, 2013, 4:17:56 PM10/17/13
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Is there any plan to update the repository for Ubuntu with the latest version of PGDBF?
The Ubuntu version says 0.5.5
I loaded it with make install that one is 0.6.2

Thank you for creating this and sharing it. I am trying to move our SBT based ERP system into Postgresql.

Philipp Wollermann

Oct 17, 2013, 5:17:15 PM10/17/13
to Michael Martin, pg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for using PGDBF :)

Unfortunately we can't directly update the package that is currently in Ubuntu - this is done by their or Debian's package maintainer. They generally pick a version for an Ubuntu release and then stick to it, only applying security fixes.

Debian already has the newest version 0.6.2 in their unstable distribution: http://packages.debian.org/sid/pgdbf
You might be able to just download and install that package on Ubuntu, as PGDBF doesn't depend on anything except libc, but I never tried.

For now, the easiest way is probably to just compile and install it yourself using "make install", as you did.

Philipp