Is there a documented procedure for moving the barman_home directory?

103 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Matthew Larson

belum dibaca,
7 Okt 2022, 10.32.0807/10/22
kepadaBarman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL
I'm looking for a documented procedure for moving an existing barman_home directory with current backups and active streaming wal files to an alternative location.

The only procedure I can think of would be:
1) disable cron running every minute
2) stop all running receive_wal processes
3) move existing directory
4) change config for barman_home to new location
5) restart cron

It feels a little sloppy

Luca Ferrari

belum dibaca,
7 Okt 2022, 11.15.5307/10/22
kepadapgba...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 4:32 PM Matthew Larson <wakk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a documented procedure for moving an existing barman_home directory with current backups and active streaming wal files to an alternative location.

I'm not aware of any such documentation nor feature.

> The only procedure I can think of would be:
> 1) disable cron running every minute
> 2) stop all running receive_wal processes
> 3) move existing directory
> 4) change config for barman_home to new location
> 5) restart cron

Assuming you don't have log shipping in place, it sound enough safe
for me. Clearly you will be uncovered by backups during the move since
you are not receiving WALs.

Luca
Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis