barman client database on windows

75 wyświetleń

Paul van Rixel

nieprzeczytany,
10 paź 2022, 10:43:2010.10.2022
do Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL
Hi all,

I'm running barman version 3.01 on a Linux (RH 8) server which is the master/barman server. I have some Linux server configured in streaming_barman mode including wal-archiving and that works fine.

However, I still have 2 Postgres instances running on windows server (have to be migrated once to linux) but for the time beeing I only wanted to backup them via barman. Use almost the same config as the linux ones except for the ssh settings etc.

If I run from the barman server:
psql -c 'select version()' -U barman -h <hostname>-p 5432 postgres

I do get a response:

PostgreSQL 12.10, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit

Also if I use:  psql -U streaming_barman -h <hostname> -c "IDENTIFY_SYSTEM" replication=1 -p 5432

I do get a response.

But when I simply as user barman at the central barman server want for example check the status or a check-status I got an error.

> barman show-server <hostname defined in the barman.conf>

I got the error:

ERROR: unknown server '<hostname>'

Anyone ideas? Has this to do with the difference in linux versus windows? I tried several things but looking for a solution.

Thanks!!

Best regards,

Paul

Luca Ferrari

nieprzeczytany,
10 paź 2022, 12:04:2910.10.2022
do pgba...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 4:43 PM Paul van Rixel <pvan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > barman show-server <hostname defined in the barman.conf>
>
> I got the error:
>
> ERROR: unknown server '<hostname>'

As trivial as it could be, any chance the <hostname> you are referring
to is not the same as the ini configuration file server name?
Or even barman is trying to look for files in the wrong directory?
This should not be, since the linux server are running fine, but pleae
double check.

Luca

Paul van Rixel

nieprzeczytany,
11 paź 2022, 04:03:2711.10.2022
do pgba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca,

Stupid action. I noticed that new config barman files are in /etc/barman/conf.d while I used to have them in /etc/barman.d. I found the difference in the general /etc/barman.conf .
So fixed this and barrman founds the server now. What a fresh morning and cup of coffee can do ;-)

Thanks,
Paul

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pgbarman/CAKoxK%2B6m_Ve68k28WW%3DQaVDBMtFnVL3_8m6uAsuHt6a%3D-_VCYg%40mail.gmail.com.
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż