barman-cloud-backup with azure flexible

Mathias Indermühle

Jan 12, 2024, 7:06:33 AMJan 12
to Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL
Hi, did anyone ever tried to use barman-cloud-backup in conjunction with the "azure postgresql flexible" server? I'd love the feature of using barman to create exports directly to an azure blob storage.
Azure psql flexible does not seem to let me use the "pg_backup_start" function though, even with the admin I'm not allowed to use the function.
Azure uses the "azuresu" as owner of this function.

My error:
ERROR: Backup failed uploading data (pg_backup_start command: permission denied for function pg_backup_start)

I'm using barman-cloud-backup 3.6.0

Thanks