How to stop all barman service for OS upgrade

Rajasekar Arumugam

Feb 21, 2024, 5:32:12 AMFeb 21
to Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL
Hi Team,

Please help me with correct steps to stop all barman services including any ongoing backups and do OS upgrade and resume the service after the server reboot.

Thanks
Raj

Luca Ferrari

Feb 21, 2024, 6:44:47 AMFeb 21
to pgba...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 11:32 AM 'Rajasekar Arumugam' via Barman,
Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL <pgba...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:
> Please help me with correct steps to stop all barman services including any ongoing backups and do OS upgrade and resume the service after the server reboot.

There is no daemon running, therefore the only thing I would stop is
any cron job related to barman.
Then ensure no "barman backup" is running (and wait for it to finish)
and proceed to the OS upgrade.
Please note that, meanwhile, the databases will try to send WALs, and
since they will fail they will keep WALs locally thus augmenting disk
space consumption untill the barman machine is avaiable.
This means, if your upgrade takes too much time, you could have disk
space problems on the databases.

Luca