Sen. Ramirez brags about increasing our energy bills (2017 Legislative Session: Week 4)

D.C. Russell

Feb 3, 2017, 5:09:20 PM2/3/17
to pg-po...@yahoogroups.com, pg-po...@googlegroups.com, PrinceGeorge...@yahoogroups.com, Sen. Ramirez, (47)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 2017 Legislative Session: Week 4
From: Friends of Victor Ramirez <vic...@victorramirez.com>
Sent: 4:06pm, Friday, February 3, 2017
To: dcru...@gmail.com
CC:

Your Weekly News & Updates
Please read on to find information regarding legislative priorities, information that will affect your community, and events that you will be interested in!
Week 4 in Annapolis

This week the General Assembly was busy at work. Due to the actions taken by the new Administration in Washington D.C., the democratic leadership in Annapolis is taking action to keep Marylanders' safe.

Below are some highlights from this past week in Annapolis:

Maryland Law Enforcement and Governmental Trust Act
Today, along with several Senate cosponsors, I am submitted the Maryland Law Enforcement and Governmental Trust Act. This act will restore community trust in Maryland Law Enforcement and Government by clarifying the parameters of state and local participation in Federal Immigration Enforcement efforts. The bill would forbid the State of Maryland from using public funds or resources to assist in immigration enforcement activities.

Maryland Defense Act of 2017
This legislation will provide the Attorney General with the directive and resources to protect the citizens of Maryland against federal policies. This will allow the Attorney General to take legal action as necessary against the Trump Administration

Maryland Health Insurance Coverage Protection Act
This resolution calls on the Maryland Congressional Delegation and the Governor to oppose and resist any repeal of the Affordable Care Act. Over 400,000 Marylanders are covered by the ACA, a repeal would be devastating to our communities.

Clean Energy Jobs - Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Revisions
On February 02, 2017 Maryland Senate voted YES to override Governor Hogan's clean energy veto, bringing the Clean Energy Jobs Act into law! I was very proud to cast my vote in support of this legislation.

This landmark bill ensures that Maryland will receive 25% of its electricity from sources like wind and solar by 2020, while protecting the state's public health, economy and climate. For more information click here!

FY 2018 Budget Updates
One of the major takeaways from Governor Hogan's Budget is the $60 million cut in operating expenses and capital investments from the Prince George's County hospital project.The Prince George's County delegation is working hard to restore the funds. The Maryland Health Care Cost Commission delayed their approval of the cardiac surgery program for the Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC). If AAMC receives a Cardiac Surgery Program, AAMC will subtract patients from the Prince George's County Hospital and hurt the long term viability of the hospital. For more information click here!

Community Information

Prince George's County 2018 Budget Hearings with the County Executive Rushern L. Baker

PGCPS Letter on U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Prince George's County Public Schools (PGCPS) has issued a letter on actions for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement(ICE). This letter was sent by PGCPS to ease the concerns of parents about the safety of their children at school, and whether they would be subject to immigration enforcement. PGCPS does not track immigration status of students or families; nor would the school system share information about students' or families' immigration status. The safety of our children is the number one priority. To read the letter sent by PGCPS (in English and Spanish) click here!

Upcoming Events

Langely Park McCormick Elementary School PTO Immigration Panel
Tuesday, February 21st at 6:00pm
Langely Park McCormick Elementary School

District 47 Night in Annapolis
Monday March 13th from 6pm-8pm

What's better than a night out in Annapolis? Join our District 47 Legislators in Annapolis on Monday March 13th; we've got your dinner plans and civic duty covered!

Feel free to ask your elected officials about the local and state issues that you care about. Best of all, enjoy good food and great conversation with us.

RSVP to my office at (301) 858-3745

Keep in Touch

Feel free to contact me by phone at (301) 858-3745
for any assistance or to voice your opinion on any matter before the Senate.

I look forward to hearing from you as we advance the priorities of our community.

Best,

Victor  Ramirez

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Friends of Victor Ramirez, P.O. Box 166, Mount Rainier, MD 20712
Sent by vic...@victorramirez.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact